Evening with Children? Advice Please!!

KyBuckeye

We will be in San Juan from 5-12pm. Between 2 families we will have 3 children ages 6,7 & 8. Any advice on what to do? Seems most attractions close by 6, as does the shopping. We would love to find some local culture to expose the children to, singing, dancing, etc. but family friendly. Not sure we would be up for an extensive walking tour. Any help would sure be appreciated. Thanks!!

Hi! When will you be there? We're on the Destiny in May, and between pre- and post-cruise stays, we'll be in San Juan with our little kids fot three evenings. If you're sailing after mid-May, I'll post back when we get home and let you know what possibilities there are.

I know I've seen a thread about a night walking tour of Old San Juan. Not sure what else is available.

Hope you enjoy whatever you decide to do!

First week of April, next week actually. It sure seems silly to have San Juan as a port of call when everything (forts, shopping, tourist sights) seems to close between 5 & 6. I realize not everyone is traveling with children, but surely not everyone is interested in the bar/nightlife scene either. We arrive at 5 and depart at midnight. I would love to expose my children to some of the local culture but other than having supper it seems like nothing is available. I would love to hear from anyone who has been to San Juan in the evening and what they found to do besides eat and drink? Thanks!

Archived