Gem aft cabins 9174 + 9674

Luna'sMom

from what I have read on other posts I *think* that deck 10 has the bigger balconies. We are going on the Jewel in Oct and have a balcony I saw pics from others showing the balcony is deeper than standard ones.

I am sure more experienced posters will comment on this too.

:)

We were in Gem Aft Cabin #9174 December 2009 for the New Year's Eve Cruise from NYC to the Bahamas. Anyway, the balcony is nice but apparently not as large as Deck #10. Since this sailing, we were aboard the Dawn in Aft Cabin #10230 and the balcony was much larger with a full size lounger. The Gem Deck 9 Cabin had a regular chair, small table and a chair that could flip back to be a partial lounger. Hope this information helps. The views from these balconies are amazing. On another note, the bakery is in the back of these ships and there is a nice aroma of sweet bread and/or pasteries baking. Add the wake of the ship, the sea air , beautiful views and this sweet aroma and you get total tranquility. :)

from what I have read on other posts I *think* that deck 10 has the bigger balconies. We are going on the Jewel in Oct and have a balcony I saw pics from others showing the balcony is deeper than standard ones.

I am sure more experienced posters will comment on this too.

:)

5482451230_3c1db721cb_b.jpg

5481855429_6b0a349e0d_b.jpg

5482451230_3c1db721cb_b.jpg

5481855429_6b0a349e0d_b.jpg

BEAUTIFUL!! That's on the Gem, isn't it? I can tell from the flat screen T.V. We are in the AFT on the Jewel deck 10 I saw pics from another poster and they had loungers in their room - so I booked the same room :D

p.s. how the heck did you get those pics? Standing on a chair? really great pics. I want to see more of the room!! these look by far the best pics i have seen for any state room pics!

Oh, one more thing...was it noisy with the door open? What was it like sitting on the deck? man...I can't wait!

Archived