Bathingsuits and Coverups

KBdancer4

Does any1 recommend getting cute coverups for going to the pool from the room. Or do most people end up wearing the bathingsuit under cloths for the day and go from pool to the next ********. Not sure if I should spend $ on a coverup or not. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Does any1 recommend getting cute coverups for going to the pool from the room. Or do most people end up wearing the bathingsuit under cloths for the day and go from pool to the next ********. Not sure if I should spend $ on a coverup or not. Thanks.

Seems like most women wear a cover up so they can go to the Lido deck to get food, drink, etc. I have used a cover up and also wore shorts and a T-shirt over my swim suit - you don't need to spend the extra money.

Hi,

Princess requests all passengers to wear shorts or coverups while in the public areas away frorm the pool decks.

This is encouraged more as a safety factor as kids will often run around dripping wet and people tend to slip on wet floors.

Coverups are a good thing, and for ladies, can be used as a wraparound skirt while going ashore.

Ciao for now!!!

Not to mention that some may run into bulkheads and doors (another injury problem) looking at those NOT covered:eek: . ...and we thought the "thong thing" was a problem. Cover-ups are just the right thing to do in a cruise environment.

Sometimes I'll wear a tank dress, or a sundress of some sort, for a cover up. That way I feel "dressed" even with a bathing suit underneath. Be creative with what you have, and you won't need to spend money on a coverup :)

You have to wear something over your bathing suit in most areas. If to you that means shorts & a shirt, that's fine. Many people do that. If it means a cover up, that's OK too. You don't have to spend money; it's OK to use what you already have & what you have always done on land based vacations.

I have a bad habit of getting sidetracked, sure I mean to head straight to the pool but there are shops, or I get hungry, or I run into people to hang out with and we do something else. So I own about 3 cotton T-shirt type dresses in Pink, Black and White that go over my suits and I wear those, along with sandals, when I head to the pool. I look nice and I can go get lunch anywhere I want to without changing. It works well in port too. Shopping in the T-dress (think nice material and to the knee, not a long T-shirt) in the morning, beach in the afternoon with my suit as the undergarmets.

You may want to wait and buy a cute cover up either from the ship's logo shop or from one of the ports. I have a Hawaii cover up that I love. You really don't see people without cover ups or sandals, when they're walking around the ship.

I am considering getting a polo shirt dress. That way I have a bathing suit cover up and a dress at the same time. I like clothes that do double duty. Like my suggestion on the Bermuda part of these message boards about getting a cheap waterproof watch with an alarm on it so it will do double duty as both a cheap watch to wear in the ocean and an alarm clock at night.

Archived