First Cruise in warm climate, please give suggestions!

cmlmich

I have only been on one cruise and that was an Alaskan last year with Celebrity. My GF and I are going to book my first warm cruise and her first cruise ever. Any suggestions on destinations and ships? We are planning on going in either Jan. or early Feb. I would like to go to the warmest spot possible.

Thank you for any help with this

Southern Caribbean is your best bet for this time of year.

While Southern Caribbean is great in Wintertime, it tends to be more expensive.

If your budget is limited try a Eastern or Western Carribean cruise.

Look for deals online. They should be plentiful this season because of the economy.

Southern is the best warm weather and most reliable. The southern cruises out of San Juan are not expensive at all, but the airfare to San Juan makes it about equal to the southern routes out of Ft. L.

We have done the western route in January and found the water and weather to be warm and comfortable. I would avoid any route that include the bahamas or keys that time of year if you really want warm water.

We were in the same situation this year. We did an Alaskan cruise for our first cruise and then went to the Carribean. We chose the Carnival Victory because of its full, diverse itinerary. If you enjoy seeing many different places then this one's for you!

The link to my photo review is in my signature.

We did our first cruise in Feb 2008. We did the Eastern Carribean aboard the Carnival Triumph.

Ports of Call were Half Moon Cay, San Juan, St.Thomas, and Grand Turk.

Coming from Calgary, it was VERY warm!!!

When we left Calgary it was -25C (-13F) when we landed in Miami, it was 25C (77F) HUGE Temperature difference, and it just got warmer on the cruise ship!!!

Happy Cruising!!!!

I have only been on one cruise and that was an Alaskan last year with Celebrity. My GF and I are going to book my first warm cruise and her first cruise ever. Any suggestions on destinations and ships? We are planning on going in either Jan. or early Feb. I would like to go to the warmest spot possible.

Thank you for any help with this

In Jan 2012, Carnival Miracle out of Ft Lauderdale does St Maarten, St Kitts and St Lucia. A great cruise and some pretty good weather. We did this cruise in Jan 2010 and had a great time.

It isn't that expensive either. I think our balcony for the 8 days was $900 pp.

Southern Caribbean or even better, a cruise with Panama as a port of call is ideal for winter cruising. Bahamas, even Turks and the Virgin Isles can get hit by a cold front during these months, which could negate having a beach day.

In winter, the closer to the equator the better!

The cold fronts that make it to south Florida in jan and feb can cool off the water quite a bit. These fronts often go to the Bahamas. We have had a few chilly days the last few winters. If you want the warmest waters and best weather the southern or eastern routes are the best bet this time of year. I know people say the western is just as warm, but I find the water a bit too chilly ( I know we are wimps)! Enjoy your cruise!

Archived