Millennium Western Caribbean

MerrylandCruiser

Thinking of doing the March 5, 2012 Western Caribbean (Roatan, Honduras and Couzumel, Mexico) on Millennium out of Miami. Looking for feedback from anyone who has been on this itinerary. Also, we are interested in snorkeling and SCUBA. Any thoughs on which port is better for this, Roatan or Cozumel?

Thanks!

We have done the Western Caribbean with Celebrity, but not your exact itinerary. I can tell you that having snokeled in Cozumel it is spectactular. There is a large coral reef just off the island, and a good snorkel company/guide will take you to the better spots. We have used Fury, who takes you out by catamaran, and then usually includes part of the day on their private beach. Have a great cruise!

• 1 month later...

Cozumel has the largest coral reef in the world after the Great Barrier. I would strongly suggest you dive there, but I've also heard great things about Roatan. Sounds like a tough decision, how about both? :)

My husband and I did this itinerary last November and chose to snorkel in Hondurus. We took at taxi to a little bar right on a pretty large reef that is directly off the shore. It was spectacular snorkeling. There were a lot of different fish and a guy in a kayak feeding the fish. Really enjoyed the casual swim and scenery. Then we went to the bar for some $5 rum punch drinks. Actually, several rum punches. Sorry I can't remember the name of the bar but research the reef and you will see what I am talking about. Last time I swam in Cozumel, it was so rough that it was not enjoyable. We stayed on the boat and drank tequila. I think I'm noticing a pattern here.............

Archived