Priceline - trying to bid

sandancer

Priceline.co.UK - where is it??? I am trying to bid for a hotel in Fort Lauderdale and every time I go to Priceline.co.uk, it re-directs me to Booking.com!!! I can't bid on the US site as it only accepts credit card details from addresses in the US or Canada. Anyone from the UK able to help with this. Thanks

Priceline.co.UK - where is it??? I am trying to bid for a hotel in Fort Lauderdale and every time I go to Priceline.co.uk, it re-directs me to Booking.com!!! I can't bid on the US site as it only accepts credit card details from addresses in the US or Canada. Anyone from the UK able to help with this. Thanks

Oh that is weird isnt it. I just got the same thing and I have used the UK Priceline site in the past...mmm...strange.:confused:

Liz. I called booking.com to see if they could throw any light on this. They also tried and got the same treatment. It would not be so bad if it was possible to use the US site but doesn't work. Thanks for trying. Cheers, Elaine

Liz. I called booking.com to see if they could throw any light on this. They also tried and got the same treatment. It would not be so bad if it was possible to use the US site but doesn't work. Thanks for trying. Cheers, Elaine

Hi Elaine

There is a UK phone number for Priceline - 020 7136 8462

Maybe they can shed some light on this.:confused:

Hi Elaine

There is a UK phone number for Priceline - 020 7136 8462

Maybe they can shed some light on this.:confused:

Thanks Liz. Unfortunately you don't get to speak to a real live person, just a computer. Nice try though. Regards, Elaine

Thanks Liz. Unfortunately you don't get to speak to a real live person, just a computer. Nice try though. Regards, Elaine

Drat Elaine..sorry that didnt work out.

I have checked out every link I can find for Priceline UK but all go to booking. com....darn weird.

I made a successful bid fo a hotel April 2011, printed off my reservation?, since reading these blogs, logged in to my account then was transferred to Booking .com without success

weird or what?

Did as as eandj suggested but I'm afraid it does not work for Europe. Something to do with the EU. Now theres a surprise. Missus Makkem, if you try the phone number Liz gave you can check your reservation. Have your booking number and the phone number you used for the reservation handy and you can check all is in order. I just did that for a booking for Feb 12. I still need to book another hotel though and Hotwire don't have what I am looking for. Will try again tomorrow. In the meantime I have emailed Priceline Customer Services for an answer.

Ok, after a few stern emails I finally got the answer I was looking for. Go to Priceline.co.uk and it directs you to Booking.com, they now have a section "name your own price". When you click on that it re-directs you to Priceline.co.uk. Why??? No idea, but I just tried it and it works. Elaine

Ok, after a few stern emails I finally got the answer I was looking for. Go to Priceline.co.uk and it directs you to Booking.com, they now have a section "name your own price". When you click on that it re-directs you to Priceline.co.uk. Why??? No idea, but I just tried it and it works. Elaine

Thanks Elaine for the update...I will go and have a look :D

Archived