Spirit dry dock

Can anyone tell me when the Spirit is going into dry dock and what is planned for the "new" Spirit? We are cruising on the Spirit 2/5/2012, and are looking forward to any improvements or up grades.

Thanks in Advance

As has been mentioned a number of times here, the Spirit will be in Drydock the last week in September, and will sail the first cruise after that October 9th.

Check the media center part of the NCL website and keep up to date on what will be done!

I see you are in Ohio! I am as well!

PS - We will be in that Oct. 9th cruise, so I will be sure to poast a nice review with pics!

• 1 month later...

Norwegian Spirit’s refurbishment includes:

• Installing wireless internet access throughout the entire ship including crew areas;
  • New flat screen televisions in guest and crew staterooms;
  • Upgrades to accessible guest staterooms and the addition of ramps in various areas of the ship;
  • Replacement of 64,000 square feet of carpet throughout the ship;
  • Addition of new silk plants throughout the ship;
  • Enhancements to the Stardust Theater;
  • Addition of an aerobics room in the Roman Spa and Fitness Center for spinning, yoga and various fitness classes;
  • Updates to Raffles Court, the ship’s buffet restaurant.

Twis on CCL Elation just this past weekend. We cruised by Spirit bc she was in dry dock. Her hull was being scraped and repainted. I couldn't help but wonder if she would be the replacement for CCL Elation. I can wish, can't I. DH said she was too big for little Mobile. Sigh.

I asked some of my friends at Mobile terminal staff if there was truth to the rumor some cruise line would be a replacement. Was told no announcement could be made until CCL's contract was up. But seems there is truth to the rumor.

Twis on CCL Elation just this past weekend. We cruised by Spirit bc she was in dry dock. Her hull was being scraped and repainted. I couldn't help but wonder if she would be the replacement for CCL Elation. I can wish' date=' can't I. DH said she was too big for little Mobile. Sigh.

I asked some of my friends at Mobile terminal staff if there was truth to the rumor some cruise line would be a replacement. Was told no announcement could be made until CCL's contract was up. But seems there is truth to the rumor.[/quote']

Rumor is rampant this evening that NCL will indeed be coming to Mobile. Possibly. And no Spirit is not too big. It's almost too big but is inside the maximum length to make the turning basin upriver. However, Spirit is going to Europe so it would be another ship.

http://www.local15tv.com/news/local/story/Sources-Deal-with-Norwegian-Cruise-Lines-in/wu4ERncPSE6u1YviyAQJmA.cspx

Rumor is rampant this evening that NCL will indeed be coming to Mobile. Possibly. And no Spirit is not too big. It's almost too big but is inside the maximum length to make the turning basin upriver. However, Spirit is going to Europe so it would be another ship.

http://www.local15tv.com/news/local/story/Sources-Deal-with-Norwegian-Cruise-Lines-in/wu4ERncPSE6u1YviyAQJmA.cspx

No way that Mobile has more to offer passengers than New Orleans--this will be a huge mistake by NCL--NCL will end up not staying long if it happens.

BG

Archived