Poesia/Bahamas-what's to do?

TravelRocker

Hi, I know this is a pretty subjective question, but I will be taking my first cruise with MSC and first to this area next year. For those of you who have visited the two Ports that Poesia stops at, Nassau and Key West, what do you like to do???

I've done a little research and will be interested in Atlantis, not the water activities but just a good look-around, some drinking, some shopping etc. and seeing the sites and Aquariums.

Key West just seems to have mainly bars and restaurants and maybe some shopping close to the water. What else does it have going for it? Obviously there is a lot because many travelers enjoy it and return often.

I would be open to any and all ideas and would be interested in how much time you actually have on land to enjoy what there is to do. Thanks!

Hi, I know this is a pretty subjective question, but I will be taking my first cruise with MSC and first to this area next year. For those of you who have visited the two Ports that Poesia stops at, Nassau and Key West, what do you like to do???

I've done a little research and will be interested in Atlantis, not the water activities but just a good look-around, some drinking, some shopping etc. and seeing the sites and Aquariums.

Key West just seems to have mainly bars and restaurants and maybe some shopping close to the water. What else does it have going for it? Obviously there is a lot because many travelers enjoy it and return often.

I would be open to any and all ideas and would be interested in how much time you actually have on land to enjoy what there is to do. Thanks!

Key West is awesome, been at both these ports before. You might want to check on the Ports Review page for Cruise Critic as well.

You can rent bicycles on your own in Key West and get around pretty easy. I loved it. Went to the Hemingway House which I think is really interesting with the history and the 6 toed cats! Also, you have to stop by some of the bars (Sloppy Joe's is famous, I prefer Captain Tony's--both Hemingway watering holes) and just to say you've been there, the southernmost point in the US.

Nassau--you seem to have covered.

Enjoy!

In Nassau, I would recommend visiting Atlantis, as you have indicated, and then either taking a 1/2 day snorkeling excursion with Stuart Cove's, they will pick you up right downtown by the pier:

http://www.stuartcove.com/

OR

Atlantis and a self guided walking tour of Nassau, including straw market and queens steps, shopping etc, etc, then a day pass at British Colonial Hilton hotel, right beside the ships dock.

Key West, a nice walking or bicycle DIY tour of the city, including museums & shopping and a nice lunch, followed by a visit to the beach near the pier.

IMHOP a great first time visit to both ports

We did a great jet ski tour around key west it was great.

We walked to the other end of the area about 30 min slow walk to the hotel where the excursion was. If interested I will try to find out more info. I looked it up... it was at Barefootbillys.com. There is a coupon online for a slight discount.

Archived