Debarkation at Miami - Any cabs?

We don't have transportation from the RCI pier back to MIA set up yet. Does anybody have any ideas? Usually, how long is the unloading process? We have a 1:30 PM flight. Does anybody forsee a problem making that? I think it is called "debarkation", but not sure. Can you tell that we are newbies to this.

There are plenty of cabs.We use them all the time.You wont have any

problem with that flight time.Have been on 19 cruises on RCI with quite

a few that left from Miami.Enjoy your cruise.We will be sailing out of

Miami on 7/24/2005 on the Explorer of the Seas.:cool:

you get a porter at where you pick up the luggage. He/She will wisk you through customs, and out to the curb and hail you a taxi. Many people were trying to hail taxi's on there own, and were having problems. She wisked us right out there, hailed a taxi, and in we went. I thought maybe we were going to have a riot, but it didn't occur. This is well worth the porter TIP. This took all of 5 minutes or so.

Marie

Good ideas. Thanks a ton.

How about embarkation? Pick up a porter when the transportation lets you off??

Looking forward to it. Any ideas how I can find other people going on the same cruise?

Doug

I've never used a porter and never had to wait for a cab in Miami. There are a ton of them available, you just have to be a little "pushy" and not let anyone step in front of you(including porters).

The cabbies know when there is money to be made and probably know better than anyone what ships are in port and what time the passengers will be filing off. Thats why they show up in force.

Can anyone tells me how much it will cost for a taxi from the crusie terminal to the Airport.

Our flight is at 3:00 p.m. and we like to stay on the ship as long as we can, leaving the terminal late so as not to fight for the cabs.

Also how much will it cost if using RCI transportation.

Ricky Chan

Flat rate of $21 is for the taxi (not pp) even if you get the larger van taxi which is necessary if you have a group of 3 or 4 with all the cruise luggage. Cruise ship transfers will cost you more and you will have to wait on the bus to fill to leave for the airport.. definitely recommend a taxi!

Rfische1,

A cab to FLL I think would be pretty expensive from Miami. I went on the Majesty last Nov. and it was cheaper to get the cruiseline shuttle to and from the ship at $45.00pp. It is about a 45 minute drive. Also, we were told by RCCL when booking our flight home that it needed to be after 2pm....we were off the ship and at the airport by 8:30AM! Our flight was not until 4pm...so it was a long day...we were lucky enough to be bumped up to an earlier flight tho....the lesson I learned was that I will book my flight at the time I choose not when the cruiseline recommends!

Have a great cruise!

I'm sitting in FLL as I type this. Our color red tags were called and it took us 2 hours to get off the ship. So don't always count on a smooth disembarkation. Yes, today is Easter Sunday, but they also only had 3 immigration officers there as well. We ended up having to take a cab b/c our prearranged driver left. While you go thru immigrations, all cell phones must be turned off. Since the driver couldn't get a hold of us, he thought we got another ride and left. Now the company is charging us the rate agreed on anyways. We explained to them that there was absolutely nothing we could do to speed up the process. We called the driver before getting the the immigrations area and told them that the line was moving extremely slowly. Didn't matter , though..the driver still left us stranded. What a lousy way to end an otherwise terrific week. :(

I'm sitting in FLL as I type this. Our color red tags were called and it took us 2 hours to get off the ship. So don't always count on a smooth disembarkation. Yes, today is Easter Sunday, but they also only had 3 immigration officers there as well. We ended up having to take a cab b/c our prearranged driver left. While you go thru immigrations, all cell phones must be turned off. Since the driver couldn't get a hold of us, he thought we got another ride and left. Now the company is charging us the rate agreed on anyways. We explained to them that there was absolutely nothing we could do to speed up the process. We called the driver before getting the the immigrations area and told them that the line was moving extremely slowly. Didn't matter , though..the driver still left us stranded. What a lousy way to end an otherwise terrific week. :(

Which car company did you use?

We used Cruise Line Shuttles. And they were also very rude when we called and explained how immigration was taking so long and there was nothing we could do about it. The cab ride was about 65.00 which would've been cheaper than the cruise line shuttle. BUT...if you use a cab, make sure that the driver resets the meter. We happen to notice that ours tried to start it at $14.00. We caught him on it tho. Don't know if it was innocent or if he tried to pocket some extra money.

Archived