Legend of the Seas post March 16?

Dear Fellow Cruisers,

I do not know if this question has been posted before, but my quick searched didn't turn anything up. The Legend of the Seas was my first ever cruise ship, and so holds a very dear place in my heart. I was looking for cruises on her and yet both Royal Caribbean's, and other cruise website list no sailings following a 4 day China cruise out of Hong Kong departing the 16th of March.

What is to happen to the ship then? Are RCI undecided about where to deploy her or is she being withdrawn from RCI service?

Thank you for any information !

I have been watching for Legend for a few months as I wanted to do an Asian cruise in April 2012. Vogager, which is going to Australia popped up (on RCL site) with some Asian cruises, then a couple of days ago just disappeared (on the Royal Caribbean site).

I would guess that RCL are still working on Asian cruises for Legend and Voyager but you would think they are leaving it a little late. I wonder also, if they are favouring the Asian market with Legend. I can only suggest you keep on looking as it is probably not far off. I think before the Asian cruises disappeared, Legend appeared to be going to Hong Kong end of March for short cruises.

I lost interest.

Rosie

The Legend was also our first ship so very special to us. We were on the Voyager last week and browsed through the 2012 Worldwide RCL brochure - the Legend was not listed in there at all which we thought was strange. So, sorry I cannot answer your question but we also had noted that the Legend is nowhere to be found.

The Legend was also our first ship so very special to us. We were on the Voyager last week and browsed through the 2012 Worldwide RCL brochure - the Legend was not listed in there at all which we thought was strange. So, sorry I cannot answer your question but we also had noted that the Legend is nowhere to be found.

Thank you both for your answers :)

If RCI are still considering what to do with her, then I admit, it's very strange- July is very close in for a major cruise line to still remain undecided over deployment, they are missing on a lot of the early bookings.

I remember, on the bridge of the Legend, when they still easily did bridge tours (I was 11 loved ships and the Captain invited me to come up to the bridge anytime provided I ask Captain Antails or Staff Captain Aladin beforehand- ended up going to the bridge three times for lengthy stays and so many questions I'm quite surprised nobody jumped overboard! :P cruising was really different those days, today that could never happen on a major ship) Anyways, getting back to the point- I asked the Captain how long he expected the Legend to remain with RCI and he predicted 5, 6 years- which would bring us to about now. However, the Legend is such a great ship it would be a real, real shame if she is withdrawn so early in her career. She had a real charm about her, something you couldn't put your hand on.

I just checked the Pullmantur website and it had nothing on the Legend being transferred for its secondary service in RCI's retirement home.

It really seems strange.

Archived