Norwegian or Carnival?? HELP

lisas414

I would like to book a cruise today and I cannot decide on whether to go on Norwegian Gem or Jewel or Carnival Miracle.

I have been on Carnival Victory and RCCL Explorer of the Seas.

Any suggestions?? I would like to know which would be better

Thanks!

Miracle is actually one of the nicer Carnival ships, we did enjoy our cruise on her this May, but experience with NCL was nicer. Carnival has larger standard accommodations though.

What itinerary are you looking for?

I agree with the poster saying give NCL a try since you've already sailed Carnival. We're all about trying something new... especially if the price is right! Of course, you'll be slower getting enough cruises behind you to get 'perks'. For us, the trade-off is worth it.

We love the Miracle and we love the Jewel..the big but is..I would only cruise NCL in a suite because we spoiled ourselves to death. I have never been in a regular balcony on either (only OS and GS on Carnival) but would do a Carnival balcony before NCL. This is my personal opinion only. We have been on the Miracle and the Jewel more than once and love them both for different reason. But NCL suite life has me hooked (we did 2 courtyard villas in a row) NCL crew was wonderful.

We love the Miracle and we love the Jewel..the big but is..I would only cruise NCL in a suite because we spoiled ourselves to death. I have never been in a regular balcony on either (only OS and GS on Carnival) but would do a Carnival balcony before NCL. This is my personal opinion only. We have been on the Miracle and the Jewel more than once and love them both for different reason. But NCL suite life has me hooked (we did 2 courtyard villas in a row) NCL crew was wonderful.

I agree. If looking for a balcony I would prefer the size on Carnival but would really let the price and itinerary decide for me. But if it fit in your budget I would definitely book a suite on NCL. We are platinum CCL members and really love the cruise line but since our first cruise in a suite with NCL we have cruised nothing else.

I would like to book a cruise today and I cannot decide on whether to go on Norwegian Gem or Jewel or Carnival Miracle.

Thanks!

I just got off the Gem on Sunday and I have been on the Miracle.

If you are booking a suite I would book the Gem. I prefer the Gem over the Miracle but I do like lots of things about the Miracle. The cabins are larger, there are more pools, I liked the outdoor space, buffet, and the layout of the ship. Freestyle dining works really well for our family. There was so much to do on the Gem and I do not remember being this active on any of my 16 cruises. I do not think that you can go wrong with either choice.

I was a die hard CCLer but I one bad experience followed by a truly "are you freaking kidding me" awful experience and decided to shop around. NCL had an EXCELLENT deal on a European cruise and I had never been so we decided to take the plunge. BEST DECISION EVER!!!!

I don't see us going back to CCL at all. NCL all the way!

We've done both and have another booked on NCL for october.

While 2 of our NCL cruises were fantastic the third was not. Maybe we hit a bad week ?

We're giving the NCL Gem a try and are looking forward to it.

Our 2 on carnival were also fantastic.'

Since you've tried Carnival , Try NCL now .

Then come back and write us your review :) of comparrisons !

since this is the NCL board i am sure the answer will be more for NCL and then over at the CCL board the answer would be CCL:)

would not cruise CCL again, but the JEWEL is a LOVELY ship!!

I think the answer is the same now matter which board you post on as long as the opinions are from people who have done both. That is why they are opinions.

I think it has more to do with the ship itself and the itinerary than the cruise lines. In the last two years, we have gone with NCL twice and Carnival twice. Our order of preference was NCL Gem, then CCL Pride, then NCL Spirit, then CCL Fantasy. We absolutely loved the Gem and I really want to go on her again someday. I think so much depends on itinerary and fellow passengers. A spring break, 5 dayer out of Mobile (Fantasy) just could not compare to a Mediterranean out of Barcelona (Gem) in any way - and especially in the "quality" (for lack of a better word) of fellow passengers. It was just a different set of people. We preferred Gem. Others would prefer the more rowdy, laid back Fantasy group. All depends on what you like.

I must say, NCL should add that chocolate melting to cake to its mdr for every meal!!

The cabins on CCL are much bigger if you aren't getting a suite, and the desserts are much better.

NCL has the dining choices which are great, and it seems like they offer more things to do. We love NCL, but are thinking of trying RCCL again for an upcoming trip due to the itinerary.

Both lines are really nice. My DW and I have been on the NCL Sprit which is really nice with great staff onboard. We then went with CCL Triumph and the CCL Fasincation. Both CCL ships were really nice and the staff on both of these ships were great as well.

I have found that it really depends on the itinerary and the port that you sail out of. I have sailed out of New Orleans twice and love the port and out of Jacksonville once. I will be hard pressed to sail out of Jacksonville again.

As you can guess by reading the posts on each lines tread each lines has it's own good points and bad points.

I will agree that the NCL needs to add the Chocolate Melting Cake to the MDR. My DW loves it. However, the NCL has a better menu and choicesof upcharge resturants. I like the freestyle cruises but have found the traditional cruise style offered on CCL is nice as well. It all depends on what you like and how open minded you are when you board the ship.

I would be intrested to see what you think you decided on the NCL which I would also recommend since you have already been on CCL and RCCL.

51 Days and counting till we sail for Jamaica on NCL Sun out of Cape Canaveral. Happy sailing.

Thanks!

Isn't this post now four days old?

Looks like you picked the Miracle - Awesome choice I loved the Miracle, have sailed on it twice and even got married on it, we are trying NCL for the first time next year "freestyle cruising" kinda scares me because I love dressing up for dinner and getting to know our dinner companions, but I am excited to try a new cruise line (still trying to figure out which is my fav!)

Have a great time, you'll love it! :D

Thanks!

That's so funny because we been on the Carnival Victory and RCCL Explorer of the Seas and decided to try Norwegian for our next cruise! :rolleyes:

Archived