Busses in Bahamas - car seats needed?

drenee73

We're going to be hitting both Freeport and Nassau in OCT and I'm looking for excursions this weekend. DD will be turning 1 on the cruise.

I'm thinking about a motorcoach kind of tour that goes to the beach at both ports.

I'm on the fence with the car seat - do I need it? Would there even be seat belts to secure it?

I'm thinking either with the Baby K'Tan (me) or the Bjorn (DH), we'll be ok.

Thoughts from your experiences?

Thanks!

We're going to be hitting both Freeport and Nassau in OCT and I'm looking for excursions this weekend. DD will be turning 1 on the cruise.

I'm thinking about a motorcoach kind of tour that goes to the beach at both ports.

I'm on the fence with the car seat - do I need it? Would there even be seat belts to secure it?

I'm thinking either with the Baby K'Tan (me) or the Bjorn (DH), we'll be ok.

Thoughts from your experiences?

Thanks!

We did a beach excursion in Freeport and the transportation was a big bus and there weren't any seat belts in it.

If you are booking excursions through the cruise line and they are using a full sized bus, then no seat belts are in buses.

When we go to Nassau and Freeport, the stuff is too close and easy to do on our own, so we don't use the cruise line's transfers - we use the mini van taxis - so we took car seats for those. And the mini vans had seat belts.

But like I said, I wouldn't do a cruise line excursion because they are almost always overpriced.

Archived