Watching the Fantasy sail away...

Bobblefrog

Had my Aunt and Uncle in town visiting and we were on the flight deck of the USS Yorktown, across the Cooper River watching her pull out a few hours ago.

Then I took my Aunt and Uncle to Battery Park and watched the Fantasy pass by Fort Sumter from the tip of the pennisula.

Pretty nice way to watch her head out to sea.

Bill

Had my Aunt and Uncle in town visiting and we were on the flight deck of the USS Yorktown, across the Cooper River watching her pull out a few hours ago.

Then I took my Aunt and Uncle to Battery Park and watched the Fantasy pass by Fort Sumter from the tip of the pennisula.

Pretty nice way to watch her head out to sea.

Bill

That does sound wonderful! I'll have to make do with virtual for the time being!

Thanks for the site! We sail in Dec. and had been looking for a webcam in the area. Cool!

Glad to pass it on - took me awhile to find it. Couldn't find anything there by downtown or the port, and it was only after looking at the maps I took a shot in the dark and googled Patriot Point webcam. I thought it would be too far away, but actually it looks like the ship passes fairly close - at least closer to the webcam than I would have expected looking at the satellite overhead.

Now will I be considered obsessed if I park myself in a chair every sailaway from now til we cruise with a glass of champagne in hand and wave bye bye???? :p

Oh wait - that's only if I get up at 5:30 in the mornings to watch her come in right....?

Archived