Coffee card - Princess

I assume that you can purchase a coffee card for specialty coffees on Australian-based Princess ships as per the US based counterparts.

Do they have the brewed coffee & tea for free for cardholders on Sun, Dawn & Sea or isn't there the same call for it?

Can a recent cruiser please tell me the cost of the card in AUD, as I guess it won't need to include a 15% gratuity??

Thanks

Do they have the brewed coffee & tea for free for cardholders on Sun, Dawn & Sea or isn't there the same call for it? Can a recent cruiser please tell me the cost of the card in AUD, as I guess it won't need to include a 15% gratuity??

Thanks

We paid $35 AUD on the Dawn Princess in May at the start of the current World Cruise. You are able to get free brewed coffee, hot choclolate and a pot of tea if you have a card. There was no added 15% gratuity for the coffee card or any of the alcoholic/soft drinks sold - this has obviously been added to the price but is not shown on any receipts.

Don't touch the mysterious black stewed coffee on tap in the Horizon Court buffet it is truly awful . Foul tasting and derived from left over road tar one would suspect . Truly the worst coffee we have tasted in over 50 years of International travel .

We paid $35 AUD on the Dawn Princess in May at the start of the current World Cruise. You are able to get free brewed coffee, hot choclolate and a pot of tea if you have a card. There was no added 15% gratuity for the coffee card or any of the alcoholic/soft drinks sold - this has obviously been added to the price but is not shown on any receipts.

Thank you so much - exactly what I wanted to know. So at Approx $2.30 per specialty coffee (for 15 coffees) again I assume that the regular price is more like $3 or so??

Don't touch the mysterious black stewed coffee on tap in the Horizon Court buffet it is truly awful . Foul tasting and derived from left over road tar one would suspect . Truly the worst coffee we have tasted in over 50 years of International travel .

My reading suggests that it's made from some sort of syrup. We disliked it on Sapphire in 2007. That's why we're keen for the espresso coffees.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you so much - exactly what I wanted to know. So at Approx $2.30 per specialty coffee (for 15 coffees) again I assume that the regular price is more like $3 or so??

Yes, the cost of the different drinks varied but was over $3 each. Another advantage of the coffee card being punched is that you don't have to sign for every drink and keep the receipts to check against your account. Just get one of those little plastic pouches for your coffee card and cruise card and attach it to a lanyard so you always have it with you.

Yes, the cost of the different drinks varied but was over $3 each. Another advantage of the coffee card being punched is that you don't have to sign for every drink and keep the receipts to check against your account. Just get one of those little plastic pouches for your coffee card and cruise card and attach it to a lanyard so you always have it with you.

Great idea Joll. Thanks

Can you use a coffee card from a previous cruise? I still have half a card left over....as I had to purchase three last time. The coffee from the card was worth the money, delicious.

Jen

From similar threads on the Princess Board the answer is "yes" Apparently there's no ship ID or date on the card so it can be used again.

Can you use a coffee card from a previous cruise? I still have half a card left over....as I had to purchase three last time. The coffee from the card was worth the money, delicious.

Jen

Hi Jen,

Yes you can. If you leave one punch unused you then have access to free straight (non-speciality) coffee, hot chocolate and nice tea for as long as you wish :D

Archived