Are there any Anaheim locals here?

stingau

We are Aussies flying over to cruise from long beach on the Splendor,then afterwards spending a week in Anaheim. My wife is a hairdresser over here and everytime we travel to the USA she visits a salon supply chain called Sally Beauty. I have used store locator to find about 6 stores within 10 miles of our hotel. (Sheraton Park Anaheim). Are their any locals who can tell us which is the easiest store to get to. And given that we will not have a car what public transport can we get to get there.

Thanks for any assistance we travel in less than 3 weeks.

If you use google maps, you can find your hotel and the many Sally Beauty Supply locations on the map and then use directions and the bus icon to find your way.

While it isn't the closest, I would take the bus that goes down Katella to the one in Orange, 1507 Katella Ave. You would need to change buses and it is a straight shot from your hotel to the store.

You will go by Edison International Field, home of the professional baseball team, Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim (or whatever the crazy name is these days).

How are you getting from Long Beach to Anaheim. If a private transfer, there is a Sally Beauty Supply that wouldn't be too much out of the way and should add too much to the cost unless your wife spends hours in there.

Thank you all for your help. My wife will and does spend an hour or so in there. Even though she cannot buy electrical items as we are on 240v here but everything else is about 50% of what we pay here so she goes thru shelf by shelf as also you stock items that she cannot get over here.

So the one that you have suggested seems to be the way to go.

Thanks again, this is one of the positive things that Cruise Critic does.

I recently went to Paris and was considering buying a dual voltage hair dryer and curling iron--Sally had lots of them.

They also have a new Sally's club that will save her 15% on her first purchase. I think it cost $5. I joined the last time I was there as it saved more than I spent!

Be sure to also check out the Anaheim forum on Tripadvisor. A wealth of info there too, with many Aussie visitors getting info from us locals. Of course you're welcome here, too!

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g29092-i65-Anaheim_California.html (Note the series of links right above "Ask a Question"). You can "zoom out" and then onto another geographical area of interest.

Archived