Belated thank you on renewal of vows questions

Lisa63

A big "thank you" goes out to all who answered my questions on Princess' renewal of vows packages -- as well as those who gave me the idea to arrange this in the first place.

My husband and I renewed our vows on Diamond Princess last month. Everything was beautiful. The wedding coordinator contacted us the first full day of the cruise (a sea day), gave us the date and time, and then asked us a number of questions in order to personalize our ceremony. Our ceremony was held in the chapel on the second formal night and the Captain presided.

This was a surprise for my husband, and I let him know by showing him the letter that was delivered to our cabin the first evening. (He lets me open all the mail -- good thing. :) )

We had the basic package, and everything was delivered as promised. Everyone was wonderful and treated us like royalty. They even blocked off the hallway outside the chapel so that there could be no passersby.

I'm happy to answer any questions about our ceremony. Thank you again to all who responded to mine. :)

Lisa63, Thanks! In 2 weeks we'll be on the Golden and will renew our vows. It's not going to be a surprise, We're both very excited about it. We've been together for 25 yrs. and married for 23. I can't wait!

Lisa63, Thanks for your review. We will be doing a renewal on our May 28 CB cruise. Do you think our daughter, son-in-law, and grandchildren will be able to attend. We will celebrate our 35th in April and this seemed like the right time with all of our family there. I hope this can be done. Thank you.

Congratulations, KMP, on your upcoming 23rd anniversary, and to katisdale on your upcoming 35th!

Yes -- you will be able to invite other passengers as guests. We did. When we got the call from the wedding coordinator, that was one of the questions she asked. It was nice as one friend took photos, and another signed the renewal of vows document as official witness.

So glad this was everything you had hoped it would be. We, too, are doing the renewal in June of the Sapphire to Alaska for our 20th....can't wait!!!

Did you have to ask them to turn on the web cam? As we are traveling alone this time, it would be a nice way for our family to get a "peek".

Also, since we will be alone...who will sign as our witness??? :confused:

Thanks

Deb

Archived