Cabin Help needed for Rhapsody Alaska Cruise

Hope someone can give me some good advise. When we booked we took the best available junior suite which is mid-ship 8536. But now we see that there are available cabins in the aft that allow views from both sides we are looking at 8592. Any suggestions..should we move to the very back of the ship?

Hope someone can give me some good advise. When we booked we took the best available junior suite which is mid-ship 8536. But now we see that there are available cabins in the aft that allow views from both sides we are looking at 8592. Any suggestions..should we move to the very back of the ship?

What date are you going?

I'm in JS8088 for the 5/25 sailing. AFT would be great for all the Alaskan scenery!

Linda

Grab it and bring some Bonine or other seasickness remedy and you'll be fine.

We've been in all of the aft JS cabins on Rhapsody or Vision except for the one you're looking at, but I can't imagine that it's much different from the others. The main part of the balconies actually get larger as you move to the center of the stern (8088 and 8588 have balconies that wrap around the side, with view to port or starboard as well as straight aft), with the dead center aft cabin having a balcony that's almost the size of the cabin interior. They also have more cover, which will come in handy if you encounter rain. You'll have an amazing panoramic view from the balcony, too.

And don't forget that there's a "secret" stairway on the starboard side that takes you straight up to the spa (it's closed when the spa is closed), Solarium, etc.;)

There are three issues that we've encountered: if the engines are going full blast, the vibration and noise is significant, although it's more of a problem with the corner cabins and worst in 8588 (we had 5 straight sea days from Hawaii to Seattle and it was sometimes brutal for me; DH is retired Navy and slept like a baby). Also, if the crew is having a late night party, the music comes straight into the cabin. A quick call to Guest Services will shut it down. Finally, the air conditioning periodically crapped out along the stern cabins on both of our cruises, in 2010 and 2011. Hopefully that will be fixed when she has her extended drydock next spring.

Archived