Nice alternative to soda card

twocats

Soda cards are a bit expensive unless you drink a lot of soda, (rather get my calories from "Love Boat" dessert), and rather than haul a lot of my preferred soda (Pepsi) I am taking a new product called "Crystal Light, On the Go". I just found these in my local store in many flavors, Lemonade, Rasberry Ice, and a few Iced Tea flavors. They come in very small packets, 10 to a box and you mix them with 20 ozs. of water, great for water bottles. The best thing; sugar free with no caffeine. Anyway something to think about, seems good to me.

Soda cards are a bit expensive unless you drink a lot of soda, (rather get my calories from "Love Boat" dessert), and rather than haul a lot of my preferred soda (Pepsi) I am taking a new product called "Crystal Light, On the Go". I just found these in my local store in many flavors, Lemonade, Rasberry Ice, and a few Iced Tea flavors. They come in very small packets, 10 to a box and you mix them with 20 ozs. of water, great for water bottles. The best thing; sugar free with no caffeine. Anyway something to think about, seems good to me.

I drink Crystal Light and the little small packets have only enough stuff to mix for 8 ozs. On that 8 oz gives you 5 calories. Be aware it has ASPARTAME. Do try it before the cruise if you still want to use it. Some people don't like the taste. Some get headaches from it.

We took these on our last cruise, and we used 20 oz bottled waters. Mom likes hers a bit weaker, so one packet worked for the entire bottle. I'd use a packet for 3/4 bottle. Wal-Mart/Sam's has their own brand - less expensive than Crystal Lite but just as good.

Thanks for the hint regarding Walmart. I will try their brand before the trip. I actually plan on using mine with dinner and lunches. I don't drink alcohol, and I prefer not to drink sodas with caffeine (other than an ocassional Pepsi) I will take the packet and mix it with water and ice at the table. That way one packet should work for several dinner glasses. And yes good point to try these ahead if you haven't used products with Aspartame before.

Here's another vote for the Wal-Mart version of Crystal Light.:) We love it! On our last cruise in November, we used the Crystal Light. I had several cruisers ask me where I got it and did it taste good. I was handing packets out left and right so people could sample it. I bought a case of it over the internet at a really good price and had plenty to go around.;) When Wal-Mart came out with their version recently, I was skeptical, but it tastes just like Crystal Light and is quite a bit cheaper. The only drawback is that the Wal-Mart stuff has less flavors to choose from than Crystal Light. But it comes in really handy in the dining room when they serve you a glass of plain water. :D

Does Princess not have lemonaide for free?

We drink Crystal Light in the cannisters, but I like mine a little weaker also. My son just asked me to buy these new packets for his lunch. I tried the Kroger brand of the cannister type and it was yuck, so can't imagine I would like Wal-mart.

If Princess really did serve lemonade free (actually included in the cost, as one poster put it) I wouldn't be looking for an alternative. Lemonade is great. But...all I have heard so far is that it isn't available on the ships.

The thermal mug comes with the soda card, which is actually a sticker that you put on your room card. When you are at dinner or lunch, or anywhere on the ship, for that matter, they will bring you a soda for free if you show them the sticker. You don't need to have the mug with you. In fact, ours was only used when the kids wanted something to drink in the room - I didn't want them travelling the halls with an open glass.

Have a wonderful cruise!:D

I'm hesitant to buy a soda card, as is most of my family just because I may drink a pop a day. If we're out on the pool and it's hot out, I'd like a soda, but....I'm not a HUGE pop drinker. We're just trying to decide if we can get buy on lemonade and water. What do you guys think? Did you buy one card per person?

Are there two different sizes of the packets? I read on one site that the packets are used with 20 oz. of water. There was a foot note that said the $4.95 packets only made 8 oz. of drink. Sounds like two different sizes.

We just got back from the Golden & there was no lemonade (free or otherwise).

Though it may offend upper management a bit, I find it extremely difficult to digest :) that any establishment that operates in warm weather would not offer lemonade.

Speaking strictly from personal experience, there are times where a cold Coke is preferred (i.e. with pizza and such) but when one is out and about in hot weather, carbonated drinks may not be a good idea. Lemonade also works well for me for upset stomachs, as an antacid, etc.

How about iced tea and / or carbonated water?

I purchased packets of Crystal "On The Go". The package states: Empty packet into 16.9 fl. oz. of water or tall glass of water (2 cups). Packlet can be mixed into a 20 oz bottle of water for a lighter flavor. I have not looked for the Walmart brand as yet, but it may state different directions.

We took these on our last cruise, and we used 20 oz bottled waters. Mom likes hers a bit weaker, so one packet worked for the entire bottle. I'd use a packet for 3/4 bottle. Wal-Mart/Sam's has their own brand - less expensive than Crystal Lite but just as good.

We tried it and LOVE it! Thanks for the tip.

Archived