FLL Car Rental Q

pamwinn

Rented from Hertz at FLL airport on Fri., Feb 18, for two day pre-cruise in Miami.

Had to return car to FLL airport on Sunday morning presuming that a shuttle or taxi to Port Everglades would be the norm.

We prefer taking a taxi so when we drove up the Hertz returns ramp we asked the gentleman who was printing our receipt where we could get a taxi to go to the port.

We certainly did not want to take all that luggage back into the terminal and to the taxi stand.

You know, he said to just leave the luggage in the rental car and he'd drive us to the port. I couldn't believe it. I didn't know if that's Hertz's new policy but I surely appreciated it.

Well, anyway, we were at the port in not more than 15 minutes and gave the gentleman the equivalent taxi fare plus a nice tip, all just for his courtesy and the convenience. It wouldn't hurt to ask!

Andy

I agree with using Hertz. We have done it many times driving to Miami or just staying in the Ft Lauderdale area. They have shuttles at the port, and airport.We dont use the taxi from the Hertz office as they have shuttles every few minutes. We have even used them coming back from the cruise to get to the airport after we rented a car from them pre cruise.

We were in FLL on March 8th..(things may have changed since then). When booking a car from Hertz my wife was told there were shuttles... not true. It seems that the 1800# people do not know what's going on on the floor/garage. The guy we spoke to when returning our car said they had just built a new facility and moved all the rental agencies there. The 'airport' itself had removed all shuttles to the port and at that time it was in limbo on what they were going to do. The guy was nice enough to use the car we returned to give us a ride to the Port. During the ride, he also mentioned that since 9/11 the Port does not like having excessive traffic around (shuttles, taxis). Not sure how much truth there is to that...this was our first time there.

Archived