handicaped cabins

I know it is different class but there are really good pictures of accessible cabins at www.voyager-class.com . From what I can see looking at the pictures they are very similar in layout and features to what we had on Serenade (sister ship to Brilliance). We were in 7112 so equivalent to nextdoor.

Some of the features we found most useful (aside from space to turn a wheelahair around and door wide enough to pass through) were the door opener (caution - put card in slot then DON'T try to grab door handle). The flip down shower stool and the grab bars by toilet. The ramps to the bathroom and balcony are nice but can be a trip hazard for people walking. There is a switch by the bed that can be mistaken for a light switch but is really an emergency call button. If you accidentally hit it im the dark go into the bathroom and reset it there. make sure cabin attendant shows how to set the automatic door to stay open if you will need that. There is a pull down handle in the closet to pull hanger rod down to wheelchair height.

All in all I think RCI has done a nice job of making these rooms wheelchair friendly.

I know it is different class but there are really good pictures of accessible cabins at www.voyager-class.com . From what I can see looking at the pictures they are very similar in layout and features to what we had on Serenade (sister ship to Brilliance). We were in 7112 so equivalent to nextdoor.

Some of the features we found most useful (aside from space to turn a wheelahair around and door wide enough to pass through) were the door opener (caution - put card in slot then DON'T try to grab door handle). The flip down shower stool and the grab bars by toilet. The ramps to the bathroom and balcony are nice but can be a trip hazard for people walking. There is a switch by the bed that can be mistaken for a light switch but is really an emergency call button. If you accidentally hit it im the dark go into the bathroom and reset it there. make sure cabin attendant shows how to set the automatic door to stay open if you will need that. There is a pull down handle in the closet to pull hanger rod down to wheelchair height.

All in all I think RCI has done a nice job of making these rooms wheelchair friendly.

thank you,

we found this very helpful,only 49 days to go:D

Archived