blow dryer question

cookieeater

I've never had a blow dryer in any hotel or on any ship that I was happy with, as they are so weak. I hate to overpack and will leave home most item the ship already provides, but a blow dryer is one item I always pack. If your hair doesn't normally take long to dry, the dryer would be fine.

You may want to ask this question on the NCL board, perhaps someone there has personal experience with the hair dryers in these cabins.

Most appliances don't have the wattage to blow a fuse. I have had my blow dryer stop working on a cruise ship because it is 1600 watts. Fortunately, it has an auto shut off to avoid blowing a fuse. So, check the wattage for each appliance you will have plugged in. If you are taking a laptop, make sure you have a surge protector.

We don't bother with the power strip, just another "thing" to pack. We charge our cameras at night and the only other appliance I use is a blow dryer.

I guess it could also depend on the ship. My 1600 watt blow dryer shut down every time I tried to use it, but it was an older ship, built in the early 90's (hah, older!) Perhaps the newer ships have better wiring?? I had to use their 1200 watt dryer that only blew cool air. Ah, well, my hair was probably happier.

Archived