Viking River Cruises verses Uniworld River Cruises

1westover

Check out www.booking.com for possible other hotel accommodations within your price range -- I always get one with free cancellation/breakfast included. The Hilton on the Buda side (I think it is) has a fantastic view.

If Uniworld includes 1 free night at a hotel, then you might want to stay there so you don't have the hassle of changing hotels and wasting time. Perhaps that's why you mentioned Marriott? Check their website. No need to take breakfast if not included as then it's awfully expensive and you can always have a cup of coffee/pastry at a fantastic cafe in town.

We did Uniworld's horse farm optional tour when we did the 28-day Bucharest-Amsterdam cruise a few years ago. Unfortunately, that day it absolutely POURED, and the $$ spent just wasn't worth it. We had been to Budapest before and wished on this particular trip that we had had more time to explore the city itself. I'd love to go to one of the spas -- next time we're there!

We've done 2 Uniworld, 1 Avalon and are booked on another Uniworld Basel-Amsterdam w/Moselle for next May, followed by Viking Berlin-Prague. Will be interesting to compare the 2 since this will be first time on Viking. The Elbe however is no comparison to Rhine/Danube so the ship is much smaller.

Thanks for the hotel suggestions. I will check out the booking website.

We have not confirmed any hotels, except Munich, at the end of our trip.

We only need the one Budapest night, then we board the ship and stay on it. This particular river cruise has no hotel stays.

Looking forward to our Danube River Cruise.:)

Archived