Boarding early for the Dream?

HIPrincess

How early can you board the Dream? I know that the paperwork says, but with certain cruise lines you can always get on well before that time. Is Carnival the same way?:D

Yes, Carnival is the same. I usually get to the pier between 10:30 and 11am. The Dream will usually start boarding by 11:45 or so. That's true in every port that I've ever been to with a 4 to 5pm set sail time.

How early can you board the Dream? I know that the paperwork says, but with certain cruise lines you can always get on well before that time. Is Carnival the same way?:D

Last time out I got to the port a bit to early

It's 945. Pax still leaving and the porters did not have the metal luggage carriers out yet. The took our stuff, we went inside and we were on the ship at 1110am

Btw they sent an email asking me to board at 130 pm

Provided everything goes according to plan. One cruise we took on the Conquest, apparently Customs wasn't happy with something in the paperwork, and wouldn't release passengers from the ship until after 2PM. Embarkation for the next group didn't start until after 4 or 5PM. It really sucked, because we had gotten up early and eaten breakfast at 6:30, and then when we got held up, the ship wouldn't let us have lunch, because that was for the oncoming guests and not for us, so after a whole day of sitting around smelling food cooking and not being able to eat, we were half starved. Then one time last year, I believe the Fantasy (might have been the Elation) got delayed by fog coming into Mobile, and didn't make it back to port until after midnight. The oncoming passengers had to either camp out in the terminal for 18 hours or take a shuttle to the nearby municipial auditorium where they could sleep in the bleachers.

So anyway, the usual time to board is highly subject to conditions on the ground at the time.

Archived