Hurricane Irene.........

sail7seas

I have San Juan/Puerto Rico in my thoughts as they are currently experiencing Hurricane Irene.

Prayers all are safe and there is minimal damage.

I'd hate for there to be a severe hit there.

I have San Juan/Puerto Rico in my thoughts as they are currently experiencing Hurricane Irene.

Prayers all are safe and there is minimal damage.

I'd hate for there to be a severe hit there.

Thanks for your thoughts- luckily we were spared a lot of really serious damage. Lots of flooding, downed trees, some land slides, but no loss of life reported.

Still many without power and water.

We have two optical labs in Puerto Rico, one in San Juan, one in Caguas, and then our lens manufacturing facility in Ponce. I texted our lab manager there this afternoon and he reported no major damage, just no power and water like RFGirl also reported. Glad to hear it wasn't severe.

I live smack dab in the middle of San Juan (not a hill in sight :D) and lost electric power last night, still not back. We had power yesterday, though :confused:. Oh, and we lost cable (the horrors!!!) when the power went out (but had cable all day yesterday). ISP is going strong :)

I live smack dab in the middle of San Juan (not a hill in sight :D) and lost electric power last night, still not back. We had power yesterday, though :confused:. Oh, and we lost cable (the horrors!!!) when the power went out (but had cable all day yesterday). ISP is going strong :)

You must be my neighbor because I also live in midtown San Juan and everyone around us has electricity except our condo! :mad:

Thankfully we have kind neighbors who let us use their facilities.

Archived