Riu Negril Resort in Negril - Know anything?

coronawomen

I stayed there a few years ago and loved it. I thought the beach was one of the nicest of any resort I've been to...very soft sand a long way out and shallow water (like waist high). The food was very good also. The Tropical Bay had just been built and we kayaked over there for an afternoon of comparison. Their grounds were very nice but our beach was better. Though at the time they were working on improving theirs with some dredging so it may be better now. Everyone's opinion varies but I was satisfied!

The Riu is at the far North end of Negril by the Bloody Bay portion of 7 mile beach. I have not stayed there, but know Negril pretty well. Many people who stay at the AI's never leave the property. I would encourage you to get off property during your stay. A great thing to do is to walk the Beach. Negril attracts colorful people from around the world. It has the most magnificent sunsets you have ever seen. The natives there sell all kinds of things, legal and not legal. They can be aggressive, but understand a firm no. They will get upset if you ignore them.

Also, make sure you spend a day on the cliffs. It is about a $10 cab ride. Rick's Cafe is a famous place there. The cliff divers there are pretty amazing. It is also a great place to get a drink and enjoy the sunset. It does get very crowded at sunset.

Some of the Day trips you can think about are the Appleton Rum Factory which can be combined with a Black River tour and YS Falls. My favorite day trip is Mayfield Falls, which is a very unique river walk.

Archived