baby boys in tuxes?

DiploTraveler

Well, my DS was a little older but he had tuxes designed for kids. My 4 YO grandson wore a tux complete with cumberbund, tie and he brought black gloves that he insisted on wearing. He called it his "wedding suit". The second formal night he didn't want to wear it because according to him, he had already got married the first night. He wore his suit instead. The girls wore their dressy gowns.

Well, my DS was a little older but he had tuxes designed for kids. My 4 YO grandson wore a tux complete with cumberbund, tie and he brought black gloves that he insisted on wearing. He called it his "wedding suit". The second formal night he didn't want to wear it because according to him, he had already got married the first night. He wore his suit instead. The girls wore their dressy gowns.

That story is one for the memory book!

DS was 11 months on our last cruise and he wore a tux (which I was able to re-use a few times for weddings, so it was nice to have). $20 brand new on Ebay! Search for "toddler tux" there and you should find some reasonable options. Here is a pic- he didn't keep the jacket on long but it did have one.

62240_791034508510_16900114_44728140_4374852_n.jpg

DS was 11 months on our last cruise and he wore a tux (which I was able to re-use a few times for weddings, so it was nice to have). $20 brand new on Ebay! Search for "toddler tux" there and you should find some reasonable options. Here is a pic- he didn't keep the jacket on long but it did have one.

62240_791034508510_16900114_44728140_4374852_n.jpg

I love the shoes that you have him in. I know some people are not fans of tennis shoes with formal attire, but I think that it keeps it fun and kid like.

The shoes weren't even necessarily on purpose. :) He has XW feet and I was not about to buy XW dress shoes for one occasion. If he had regular feet I'd have been happy to pick up a used pair but XW is hard to find, and expensive to boot (no pun intended)!

I also dressed our son in a tux for both our cruises. He was about 15 mos for the first and 2.5 on the second. I got it on Ebay and it was a little big for the first one and a little small for the second. I don't remember exactly how much I paid, but I'm sure it was around $20. They look adorable and are a lot of fun.

Archived