Does the Destiny vibrate

Hi there,

Yes it does, its a Ship, but if you mean is it bad or will it upset you, the answer is no.

We have cruised on it twice, and after a day you do not notice you are on a ship. Well not true actually if you are in rough seas but I think you understand.

I had the best weeks sleep on the Destiny ever, inside cabin, into bed at 1 am and never woke up until 8am.

You will have a ball its fantastic the Destiny.

Take it easy

Booked Suite on top deck in June 2012. Does this ship vibrate?

all ships vibrate somewhat when moving but i have been in inside cabins on destiny twice and there is no noticable vibration at night when the ship is moving. There is some 'wobble'in the main bar when moving but of course the areas near the engines do get more noise.

It is not like Celebration and Spirits famed vibration which in my opinion is not a vibration but a occillation or 'wobble'. For me a vibration is something like a 'buzz' wheras the famous wobble is a 'wibbly wobbly wibbly wobbly wiggle wiggle':D

My advise is that you should avoid the cabins to the rear of the aft stairwell as i have walked the corridors at sea and there is more noise there because of the adjacent engines. Suites as far away from the engines as you can get!

all ships vibrate somewhat when moving but i have been in inside cabins on destiny twice and there is no noticable vibration at night when the ship is moving. There is some 'wobble'in the main bar when moving but of course the areas near the engines do get more noise.

It is not like Celebration and Spirits famed vibration which in my opinion is not a vibration but a occillation or 'wobble'. For me a vibration is something like a 'buzz' wheras the famous wobble is a 'wibbly wobbly wibbly wobbly wiggle wiggle':D

My advise is that you should avoid the cabins to the rear of the aft stairwell as i have walked the corridors at sea and there is more noise there because of the adjacent engines. Suites as far away from the engines as you can get!

Got to disagree there I am sure its more of a "wiggle wiggle wobble bump":)

Having been on her (twice and about to sail again on Thursday yipeee!) I can honestly say the only time I notice any vibration or wobble is when her 'sideways engines' (I think you will find thats the correct technical term ;) ) are in use when docking/manoevering in port. And it was significantly more noticeable on Dream!

Lets hope it is not wiggle wobble bump crash splash :D

ps the Dream has a minor wobble, more pronounced if you are on AI.. Jim ? any comment ? :rolleyes:

Stevie

actually I find the wobble much less when Im on AI - my wibble and the ships wobble cancel each other out ;)

Having been on her (twice and about to sail again on Thursday yipeee!) I can honestly say the only time I notice any vibration or wobble is when her 'sideways engines' (I think you will find thats the correct technical term ;) ) are in use when docking/manoevering in port. And it was significantly more noticeable on Dream!

actually I find the wobble much less when Im on AI - my wibble and the ships wobble cancel each other out ;)

My good friends Bill and Ben claim they can not feel anything at all and don't understand what all the fuss is about:)

Lets hope it is not wiggle wobble bump crash splash :D

ps the Dream has a minor wobble, more pronounced if you are on AI.. Jim ? any comment ? :rolleyes:

Stevie

:D

Much like Ceabea when on AI its hard to say whats weebling or wobbling.Anyway

Weebles wobble but they don't fall down

Weebles are around,

Don't fall down

Weeble wobble, Weeble wobble,Weeble wobble,Weeble wobble,

Ship Noise and Vibration Conference

24 and 25 November 2010,

IMarEST Headquarters, 80 Coleman Street, London, EC2R 5BJ

Ship vibration and noise problems continue to challenge

us as more innovative propulsion solutions continue to

be evolved. The consequences and cost to the shipping

industry of ship based vibration in reducing the life

expectancy of machinery and equipment, or inducing

structural fatigue, is widely appreciated. This is so

whatever the cause or origin of the problem – whether

it is design, engine, machinery, appendage or propeller

induced.

Equally vibration and noise has a human impact in terms

of crew health and operational effectiveness, as well as

passenger comfort. There is also growing appreciation of the

problem from a marine environmental perspective.

The conference is designed to address the needs of anyone

concerned with the causes and control of ship based noise

and vibration: IMarEST have assembled an impressive array

of experts to explore all the causes and influences on the

problem. This event will offer the latest prediction, detection,

prevention and control solutions.

As many of you will know I have had a close interest in

this subject for a large part of my professional career, so

I especially look forward to seeing you at Ship Noise and

Vibration in November.

------------------------------------------------------

they are obviously looking at the problem worldwide :D however with Thomsom ships think its an age thing? (the ships not the passengers:rolleyes:)

Stevie

My good friends Bill and Ben claim they can not feel anything at all and don't understand what all the fuss is about:)

Funnily enough thats what my friend Weeed, said !:p

Thanks Stevie for posting the info. on the conference as !st. (yet to be) cruisers, I am pleased the subject of Ships Noise and Vibration is being taken seriously,:rolleyes: I for one will be most diligent in loudly SSHHHing the Husb. as we wibble back to our Cobbin , just farwerd of the Con Con Lounge.(Yep we´re on AI) Mari

Archived