Independence of the seas

john174

Hi, i have posted on the RCCL board, but didnt get a reply.

Has ayone been on the Independence of the Seas this year? If so would anyone know when the formal nights are on the 11night cruise from Southampton to the Canaries?

I am lucky enough to be getting married on board this sept and wanted to have a "honeymoon evening" when relatives look after the kids for us, but wanted to arrange this around the posh evenings.

Many thanks for your time and help

john

Hi, i have posted on the RCCL board, but didnt get a reply.

Has ayone been on the Independence of the Seas this year? If so would anyone know when the formal nights are on the 11night cruise from Southampton to the Canaries?

I am lucky enough to be getting married on board this sept and wanted to have a "honeymoon evening" when relatives look after the kids for us, but wanted to arrange this around the posh evenings.

Many thanks for your time and help

john

There is a Kids club until 10.pm free & later sitting service by RCI which they charge ALL CAN BE ARRANGED BY GUEST RELATIONS AFTER BOARDING

Yeah, we are on the 28th Sept sailing also! We are getting "married" during the sea-day inbetween Lisbon and Gran Canaria! We have family and friends coming too. So i am sure you will see us somewhere. Me and three others will be wearing pink waistcoats all day, so it should not be that hard to point us out!! See you onboard! :)

Travelled on INDY in March 112nights. They had 3 formal nights on that sailing even thou they stated 2. I also travelled with family & had an in room babysitter for one evening (watched 3 kids). Although you only pay for 1 babysitter they actually sent 2 (believe it is for insurance). As the kids were 6/7/12 the sitters asked if I wanted them to go to windjammer for some dinner, which they did. Kids seemed really happy with them.

Was also on Freedom last year for my friends wedding. They arranged for a private dining room (just off main dinning room) for us to have our meal. It was great as they were able to perform their "speaches" with some degree of privacy. We also had a docking station with some music 7 space for the kids. This was all arranged onboard on the first day.

Good luck hope you have a great time!

That is great! thanks for that info!

I better not tell my lady that there are 3 instead of 2 formal nights!! Its hard enough as it is!!!!

Interesting about the babysitter. A quick question on the evening meal you had for the cruise.........did you just have the regular food from the menu in the little dinning room? We wanted to have our own mini reception that night, but the prices the wedding company charge were silly. So if you could find out, could you let me know how he managed to secure that little room please? ie. who he spoke to, how much "gratitude" he paid etc. that would be ideal for us!

Thank you so much for your time in contacting me.

John

Hi John and congratulations on your upcoming wedding :)

We are also on the Indy on 28th (me and hubby) and really cant wait!

Have you popped in on our roll call yet? HeatherB has sailed on the Indy many times and may be able to help out with any questions you have.

Heres the link if you want to pop in and say hello,

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1309912

Congratulations again to you and your future wife.

Angie

Hi

Checked with my friend who was married, she said she spoke to the wedding organiser on board to arrange private room. There were 16 0f us travelling & so it was easier for them to offer this private room rather than such a large table in MDR the menu was the same as MDR. You may want to consider one of the speciality restaurants, they are deff worth the cover charge. If ther is anything else I can help with ask away...

Brilliant! Thankyou very much for going out of your way to ask your friend for me. I think i may try that option also. There are 15-17 of us also and going to ask for us to be seated in roughly the same area of the dinning room for the entire cruise, but just for the wedding day, would be great if i can arrange a similar thing as your wedding party did.

As for the speciallity restaurants, we did think of it, but got 5 kids in our party that would def not appreciate it, so me and the soon-to-be wife are going to the Chops Grille later in the cruise on our own as a Honeymoon night!!!

Cant think of much else at the moment, only, were there irons in he cabins?

Thanks very much for your help

John

No irons in cabin, you need to pay to have them pressed. Dont try & sneak one on, they will confiscate it!

Remember the bbsitter/kids club is available if you do decide to do speciality on wedding night. You are also able to use these restaurants with kids before 7pm, maybe worth considering.

Forgot to mention after my friends ceremony we left chapel & went to seven hearts room (deck 14 just off Olive twist) Again this was private room where we had champagne & strawberries along with wedding cake. The photographer took lots photos here. We then moved to Schooners bar for pre dinner drink. Dont know if you are aware of the drinks package available on this ship but it might be a good idea with so many of you travelling (nobody gets stung for large round drinks).

Hope you have a great time.

Archived