Ventura trialling new duty free alcohol and tobacco shop

mogpie

A VERY, VERY welcome recent E-mail from P&O:

During your holiday we will be trialling a new on board Liquor and Tobacco shop that will offer a far more comprehensive range of spirits, cigarettes and tobacco than we have ever offered on a P&O Cruises ship.

Not only will you be offered significant savings over UK high street pricing, but the shop will guarantee to be cheaper than any comparable outlets - including any shops you many encounter ashore during your cruise.

Items and prices include:

• Gordon's Gin - 1litre - £10.00
  • Famous Grouse - 1litre - £15.00
  • Bombay Sapphire - 1litre - £12.00
  • Bailey's - 1litre - £15.00
  • Courvoisier - 1litre - £20.00
  • Pack of Benson & Hedges Special Filter cigarettes - £1.75

A full list of items, with prices, is attached for your perusal before you set sail. All of these products will be available for purchase during your cruise so you can enjoy them in the comfort of your cabin during your holiday with us.

This trial is exclusive to Ventura and for a limited time only

Yay!!!! Ideal for us as we are travelling with a litltle one so we enjoy a drink on the balcony when she goes to bed :)

I have attached the full price list.

Daz

booze pricelist.pdf

Thanks for this Daz- very interesting.

We too enjoy a little tipple on the balcony!:)

We are on the Ventura after you on the 15th September and I am hoping the deal will still be on but we have not had an email from P&O.

Before I get myself too excited when did you get your email and does it give any indication how long the "limited period" is likely to be?

Many thanks Julia

Thanks for this Daz- very interesting.

We too enjoy a little tipple on the balcony!:)

We are on the Ventura after you on the 15th September and I am hoping the deal will still be on but we have not had an email from P&O.

Before I get myself too excited when did you get your email and does it give any indication how long the "limited period" is likely to be?

Many thanks Julia

Hey Julia,

I have quoted the full e-mail, and unfortunately is doesn't stipulate how long the trial period will last. I would assume that it will still be on when you travel, as a 12 night 1 cruise trial would not yield full results. I received the mail just last week, so I suppose there is plenty of time for you to get one too. If not, and you are staying in cabin c522, I can stash you a bottle or two somewhere :D.

regards

Daz

We were on the Azura last week and when talking to the duty free sales representative they said it will be taking over the clothing shop on Deck six starboard side. I believe its buy one day collect the next. They will also be able to offer a bigger choice than the existing list

Hi Daz

Thanks for the kind offer - it would make a change from finding an odd sock hidden away!!;)

Unfortunately we shall be in a different cabin but thanks anyway.

Have a great cruise and look after the Ventura for us. Where are you headed by the way?

Julia

Still cheaper in Gibraltar !!

but seems good prices for those not going to Gib

We are going to Gib, but not until 3 days before we come home (from a 12 night cruise), so a little too long to wait methinks ;)

Daz

• 3 weeks later...

OK, just returned from Ventura yesterday. Had an absolutely superb cruise. Can confirm that I purchased 2 bottles of Smirnoff for £15 (£7.50 each) to drink in cabin. Our lovely steward Ana ensured that I had fresh ice and slices of lemon every evening to compliment my drink. I also took a few cans of sprite with me and purchased a few more in port as and when I needed them. The duty free shop proved EXTREMELY popular. Just to point out, we stopped at Gib and found Smirnoff to buy for £6.40 per litre, saving £1.10 on onboard prices. This was our last stop though, so it was too late in the cruise to purchase to enjoy onboard. Also, Ventura had a price match guarantee, so they would match the price in any port for duty free goods, as long as written proof and a telephone number of the shop were produced. I also bought some ciggies back for a friend which were cheaper than I could find them in Gibraltar.

Cheers P&O, look forward to cruising with you again soon

Daz

Hi,

If your order on your tv or stewart yes you get it the next day or so.

x

Jamie,

that wasn't how it worked for the duty free goods.

we had to fill in a form and take it to the duty free shop (chic). If you took the form before 1pm then the spirits were ready to collect after 3pm.

if you took the form bfore 6pm, then you could collect after 8pm.

with cigarettes, you can collect there and then.

However, this may change in time.

regards

Mogpie

Hi,

I ordered via room service.

If it was duty free you could not pick up till day before the end of the cruise.

This was in March, might of changed.

x

It has changed, hence the starting of this thread :D:D:D

Mogpie

Silly question, I see there are no wines on the list. Is it just spirits and cigarettes or are there other things available in the duty free shop?

Just ciggies n spirits, no wines that I am aware of. Although perfumes etc are available as they have always been.

regards

Mogpie

Archived