free cruise phone call

daffodiliaz

Just got a strange call from a "private" number (that normally I wouldn't answer, but don't want to miss a possible upsell call for our cruise in 3 weeks). It was a recording saying something like "Congratulations, your family has been selected to receive cruise from Norwegian Cruise Line. Press 1 to hear more. Press 2 to be removed from our list." I pressed 1 and the line disconnected.

Anyone else receive a similar call and press 1 and actually heard more?

(BTW, I'm just curious, didn't actually believe it.)

Oh yeah...we too have been "selected" for FREE cruises, FREE trips to Hawaii or the Bahama's to name just a few.

Press #1...and you get to listen to a Barbie or Ken (all bubbly and all), telling you breathlessly of this wonderful "FREE" trip. That is.....until they ask for our Credit card number.

" But why...Barbie or Ken do you need our credit card number if it's a FREE trip??? " :confused::confused::confused::confused:

CLICK ! ( that's their :mad: CLICK not ours..)

I'm not a sucker, I was just wondering what they'd say. I know no one would give you something for nothing. Maybe it was just coincidence that I have an NCL cruise coming up and all my cruise research is for NCL. But the more I think about it the recorded voice sounded just like the recording when you call NCL central reservations.

Archived