Texas Hold 'em on Allure

In the cruise compass I see Texas Hold 'em tournaments. Can anyone tell me the buy in and format?

Buy in can be $75 or $100 depends on the ship. I Have paid both. The hope is to have 9 rounds producing a final table of 9. Many sailings never have enough to earn a seat and 7 day cruise at Club Royals finals. So cash places are given for top 3 left. Contact Club Royale for further info. Can be found on RCL sight.

I played on JotS recently. Buyin was $75, this got you 1000 chips. You could rebuy for $25 for 500 chips, and addon after 30 mins for $25 for 500 again. Blinds started at 25/50 and levels were 10 minutes. Rebuy with 500 chips or less. I did ask if that meant you could double rebuy if you lost it all and was told that nobody had ever asked that before! But the answer was yes.

And if you have ever played live NLHE you'll know the above means it was a total and utter crapshoot - no skill involved whatsoever, it was totally down to who got the cards.

Not that I'm bitter :). After having my nut flush beaten by quad kings (limped KK in big blind!), and wiping out after 3 rebuys, I played once on day one and didn't attempt again...

Archived