Suggestions for 1/2 day snorkel/sailing trips in St Thomas

drtravel47

Does anyone have any suggestions for a particular company to go on a 1/2 day sail (or boat ride) that has good snorkeling.

I've done the ferry to St John to Trunk and Cinammon Bay a bunch of times. It's gotten ridiculously expensive. For the $$ I'm considering a small charter boat or sail ride.

Thanks!

I can highly recommend Mike Stanton who owns the Island Girl sailboat. He will pick you up right at your ship on a small dinghy and take you to the sailboat. He offers 1/2 day and full day sailing/snorkeling trips. We did the full day and enjoyed it very much. When we sailed with them they also offered the snorkeling scooters which added to the fun! If you search this forum you will find others who have taken this excursion along with other suggestions.

We have also taken Double Fun Charters for a full day of sailing and snorkeling and had a great time. The only down side to this trip is that you must take a taxi all the way over to the American Yacht club marina which takes about 30 minutes. Hope this gives some insight for you!

• 2 months later...
I can highly recommend Mike Stanton who owns the Island Girl sailboat. He will pick you up right at your ship on a small dinghy and take you to the sailboat. He offers 1/2 day and full day sailing/snorkeling trips. We did the full day and enjoyed it very much. When we sailed with them they also offered the snorkeling scooters which added to the fun! If you search this forum you will find others who have taken this excursion along with other suggestions.

We have also taken Double Fun Charters for a full day of sailing and snorkeling and had a great time. The only down side to this trip is that you must take a taxi all the way over to the American Yacht club marina which takes about 30 minutes. Hope this gives some insight for you!

Do you have a contact for Mike Stanton?

Archived