Passport stamps

mom2girlsVT

I've read on here that you can get your passport stamped at each port. Will I be able to find the places in Belize, Roatan, and Costa Maya? We are also going to Cozumel, but if I remember correctly that one is more difficult to get to. I don't want to leave my PP at guest services, I'd rather bring it to each location if I can find them! Thanks!

I'll tell you what I have done at every port. And YES, I did get stamps in my passport at every place I have asked, except one. At every pier there is a customs/immigration office. On some piers it is no more than a closet size room. I find someone "official" looking, or in a uniform, and ask them where it is. All the people I have asked have been very friendly and glad to stamp for me. Some have even hand written in info along with the stamp.

I love my passport!! :)

Just a cute story: In July, we landed at Heathrow Airport and when we went thru immigration the agent was flipping thru my passport looking at my stamps and even commented about my Machu Picchu stamp and we had an interesting conversation.

I'll tell you what I have done at every port. And YES, I did get stamps in my passport at every place I have asked, except one. At every pier there is a customs/immigration office. On some piers it is no more than a closet size room. I find someone "official" looking, or in a uniform, and ask them where it is. All the people I have asked have been very friendly and glad to stamp for me. Some have even hand written in info along with the stamp.

I love my passport!! :)

I do the same thing at every port and never have a problem with getting it stamped. The officials seem so happy to have someone walk in and ask for a passport stamp. :)

I guess I have never paid attention before because I don't recall ever seeing someone that I would think I could approach and ask for this. Is it really that obvious if you are looking??? I will definitely be paying attention this time! I do not remember seeing any small buildings that would resemble immigration facilities....I need to FOCUS this time.....haha....

I've heard it's more difficult at the European ports because of the EU agreement you don't need to show your passport? does anyone know about this?

Nearly all of Europe is the European Union and is, in effect, boarderless. No passports for the locals... no passport stamping...

:)

My last passport which expired in 1985 had so many stamps in it that it had 5 or 6 additional pages stapled in. I don't about today but Japan used to have the most outsized stamps that took up a whole page plus stapled in addendums. Some stamps were no bigger than a postage stamp.

Archived