Is the Gem still in Bermuda?

rikatine

Personally I would be calling hotels in NYC now and I would have be there Saturday

I have FORTY people in our group. I need at least 10 rooms. Plus, I don't know that I want to be in the city! It could be worse there than my place in NJ from what I'm reading!! I did consider the hotel option, but it's not easy either way. And, if we need to stay for 2 nights, b/c we don't leave til monday, you are looking at at least $600per room! times 10!!

How were you planning on getting 40 to the pier in the first place? quote]

We have a 2 25 pax buses, one leaving from my house and one leaving from my aunt's house in South Jersey which is a whole other nightmare right now. I need to know if I should be calling them and asking us to take us Saturday or Monday. I already called them once but I dont have any info yet (thanks again NCL!).

I just can't imagine that we're going to be expected to embark on Sunday right now. That would be terrible. And the later it gets today, I have to imagine Saturday isn't really a possibility either. Which is FINE. I just want to know! I GET that they have to wait, but if all the other lines have announced a plan...why not NCL?!

I hope that the 2:00 pm update from NCL will give you and your group answers. I wish you all well.

It is on the NCL site. Another CC poster put this on another thread. It also says approximately 2 pm.

Thanks...I'm on the Gem on Sunday and I keep checking the NCL website and must have just missed it.

Fingers crossed for 2pm....personally, I think Irene is gonna weaken :D

Thanks...I'm on the Gem on Sunday and I keep checking the NCL website and must have just missed it.

I hope all goes well with your cruise and weather. We were on the Gem from 8/7 to 8/14. Sending good and safe thoughts!

Click on the weather alert box on the NCL site:

"An update will be provided for Norwegian Gem’s August 28 cruise from New York at approximately 2 pm today."

I hope all goes well, it can be very stressful.

From NCL

August 26, 2011, 11 am ET

At Norwegian Cruise Line, the safety and security of our guests and crew is of the utmost importance. Therefore, the company continues to closely monitor the path of Hurricane Irene. Because of the storm, we are modifying the following itineraries:

Norwegian Jewel will return to New York early on Saturday, August 27 and guests currently on board will disembark beginning at 6 am. Embarkation for the August 27 cruise will commence earlier beginning at 10 am. The ship will depart three hours earlier than scheduled at 1 pm. All guests are advised to arrive at the pier between 10 am and noon. Once the ship is underway, there may be a change to the scheduled Bahamas & Florida itinerary.

An update will be provided for Norwegian Gem’s August 28 cruise from New York at approximately 2 pm today.

Both Norwegian Dawn sailing from Boston and Norwegian Sky sailing from Miami today will depart as scheduled.

Guests on board the vessels will be kept up to date by the ship’s Captain. It is also important to note that we will continue to closely monitor the storm and if the path changes, we may need to modify these itineraries.

We appreciate our guests’ understanding. Another update will be made to NCL.com at approximately 2 pm this afternoon.

Weather Alert

Hurricane Irene

August 26, 2011, 2 pm ET

At Norwegian Cruise Line, the safety and security of our guests and crew is of the utmost importance. Therefore, the company continues to closely monitor the path of Hurricane Irene which is currently forecasted to impact the New York area late Saturday and Sunday. Because of the storm, we are modifying the following itineraries:

Norwegian Jewel will return to New York early on Saturday, August 27 and guests currently on board will disembark beginning at 6 am. Embarkation for the August 27 cruise will commence earlier beginning at 10 am. The ship will depart three hours earlier than scheduled at 1 pm. All guests are advised to arrive at the pier between 10 am and noon. Once the ship is underway, there may be a change to the scheduled Bahamas & Florida itinerary.

Norwegian Gem will remain at sea, keeping a safe distance from the storm, on Sunday, August 28 instead of returning to New York as scheduled. The ship will arrive in New York at 8 am on Monday, August 29. All guests for the August 28 cruise are asked to arrive at the pier on Monday, August 29 beginning at noon. The ship is scheduled to depart New York at 4 pm on Monday en route to Bermuda.

Norwegian Dawn is sailing from Boston to Bermuda today as scheduled.

Norwegian Sky is sailing from Miami today as scheduled. The ship will spend a day at sea on Saturday, August 27 instead of calling at Great Strirrup Cay, Bahamas. The ship will visit Nassau as scheduled on Sunday, August 28.

Guests on board the vessels will be kept up to date by the ship’s Captain. It is also important to note that we will continue to closely monitor the storm and if the path changes, we may need to modify these itineraries.

We appreciate our guests’ understanding. If there are any further changes, we will update this site. Thank you.

Click on the weather alert box on the NCL site:

"An update will be provided for Norwegian Gem’s August 28 cruise from New York at approximately 2 pm today."

I hope all goes well, it can be very stressful.

My guess is everyone will get $100.00 OBC. You should only miss one sea day. I'm sure the ship will make up the time and still arrive in Bermuda Wednesday at 8:00am

Archived