Chefs table

mcaron

I am looking for Information on how to book reservations for the Chef's table on the Dream, I am hoping to host a group of 10 for a surprise Birthday dinner for my Wife.

Is the Chef's table held every night or just certain nights of the cruise.

Any Information would be most welcome.

Thanks

The best way is to request reservations via John Heald's blog. You can use the form at this link:

www.johnhealdsblog.com/ask-john

Select 'Chef's Table/Steakhouse' from the drop down. In the comment box include the names of the guests, cabin numbers, ship, sailing date and email address for the confirmation to be sent to.

Should take less than two weeks for your confirmation to arrive.

:)

If you can find out the email address of the steakhouse on whatever ship you're sailing you can get a real quick confirmation.

For Freedom it's fdsteakhouse@carnival.com

Most of the ships follow the same email format. **steakhouse@carnival.com

You might search this forum. I remember some members posting the email addresses of several of the ships steakhouses.

On my 8 day Miracle cruise in January, there were 2 chefs tables nights. They had advertised just one, but due to demand, ended up having 2. Dunno if thats the norm though.

I still think about that meal

Dumb question, but what does it mean eating at the Chef's table?

The Chef’s Table

Carnival has introduced an exciting fine dining option for our guests – The Chef’s Table. This one-of-a-kind culinary experience includes an exquisite multi-course private dinner hosted by one of the line’s master chefs along with a private champagne reception (soft drinks for kids) and a personalized tour of the galley.

With The Chef’s Table, a select group of 12-14 guests enjoy champagne and hors d’ouevres hosted by the ship’s chef de cuisine. The chef then takes the group on a personalized tour to see the galley in operation, providing participants with a unique perspective on Carnival’s extensive food and beverage operations.

The evening concludes with a sumptuous full-service dinner with delicious appetizers, entrees and desserts created by the line’s master chefs. Depending on the vessel, the meal takes place in non-traditional dining venues throughout the ship – the galley, library, conference center, etc.

The cost is $75 per person. The dinner(s) as well as the dinner date(s) are subject to the number of guests wishing to participate in this experience.

The dress code follows the dress code specified for that evening on board; since guests are taken on a personalized tour of the galley, open-toed, heels and shoes with slippery soles are discouraged.

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/shipboard_knowledge/ChefsTable.htm

If you can find out the email address of the steakhouse on whatever ship you're sailing you can get a real quick confirmation.

For Freedom it's fdsteakhouse@carnival.com

Most of the ships follow the same email format. **steakhouse@carnival.com

You might search this forum. I remember some members posting the email addresses of several of the ships steakhouses.

The beards at Carnival have asked that folks avoid direct contact with the staff on board the ships. For that reason, I encourage everyone interested to use the 'Ask John' link that I provided previously...

Dumb question, but what does it mean eating at the Chef's table?

It is a special dinner that is done on the Carnival ships. The food is to die for. You get to see the galley in action, have champange, eat hor dourves' and find out how to make Warm Chocolate Melting Cake. Then you got to a private area with 11-15 others and eat a wonderful meal. You get wine served to you. At the end you get a cookbook signed by the chef and a photograph with the group and the chef. Costs 75pp.

The beards at Carnival have asked that folks avoid direct contact with the staff on board the ships. For that reason, I encourage everyone interested to use the 'Ask John' link that I provided previously...

Ok, my bad. I had a special request and wanted to contact the staff directly.

We are having two Chefs Table on Freedom in a couple of weeks also. And thanks to the Chef for granting our request this one time.

The best way is to request reservations via John Heald's blog. You can use the form at this link:

www.johnhealdsblog.com/ask-john

Select 'Chef's Table/Steakhouse' from the drop down. In the comment box include the names of the guests, cabin numbers, ship, sailing date and email address for the confirmation to be sent to.

Should take less than two weeks for your confirmation to arrive.

Hi Host Mach!

I requested a Chef Table reservation using the method you suggested. I received an email response saying "thanks mate, your message has been sent". That was July 30. Should I send another request? Should I send an email response directly back to John Heald? I appreciate your help!

Hi Host Mach!

I requested a Chef Table reservation using the method you suggested. I received an email response saying "thanks mate, your message has been sent". That was July 30. Should I send another request? Should I send an email response directly back to John Heald? I appreciate your help!

I'd suggest that you send another request via the 'ask John' thing... sometimes these get dropped at the ship. Should that fail drop me an email and we can get it taken care of.

We just booked a chef's table for our March cruise. We did it through John's blog. We got the your message has been sent thing, but later we got a confirmation. We did not need to include our cabin number, just our sailing date. The date and time have yet to be determined for our dinner

Thanks Host Mach! I just sent in another request. I'll follow up with you if I don't hear back from John.

Thanks again!

Please do. If you don't hear from the ship I'll send your request direct to John and he'll send it direct to the Hotel Director...

Dear Connie Milliken,

Thank you for booking the Chef’s Table.

Your reservation request for 7 Guests is confirmed.

Should your plans change, please keep us advised at lesteakhouse@carnival.com

We look forward to serving you!

Please confirm your reservation once you board the ship.

Your Steakhouse Manager

Monika Mandic

Carnival Legend

Here is what they confirmed with me. Does not say time or date. Do I just confirm that once we get to ship?

Dear Connie Milliken,

Thank you for booking the Chef’s Table.

Your reservation request for 7 Guests is confirmed.

Should your plans change, please keep us advised at lesteakhouse@carnival.com

We look forward to serving you!

Please confirm your reservation once you board the ship.

Your Steakhouse Manager

Monika Mandic

Carnival Legend

Here is what they confirmed with me. Does not say time or date. Do I just confirm that once we get to ship?

The schedule for the Chef's Table will be delivered to your cabin along with the menu for the event...

Thank you Host Mach for the link, on Monday I sent a request for reservation for 3 at the Chef table For Liberty departing on 10/22/11 and this morning I received the confirmation: "Your reservation request for 3 Guests is confirmed" :)

Is the dress code for Chef Table the same as the Steakhouse dress code?

When booking and confirming Chef's Table, please please PLEASE let them know of any food allergies IN ADVANCE! It really helps the Chef and kitchen staff out so they are not scrambling to find you something you can eat when everyone else at your table is being served!

Do they mix groups for the Chef's table? Like if there's only 2 people going, can you still request a seating at the Chef's table and if say, 10 other "random" people are going, they seat all 12?

Or does everyone need to be in the same "group"?

Do they mix groups for the Chef's table? Like if there's only 2 people going, can you still request a seating at the Chef's table and if say, 10 other "random" people are going, they seat all 12?

Or does everyone need to be in the same "group"?

We were only the 2 of us and our Chef's Table was with 3 other couples - none of us knew each other. No need to worry about that. Just book the 2 of you.

Kathy

Host Mach, with all due respect, and I really mean that because your insight has made a tremendous impact on my cruising, I have contacted John twice in the past and twice recieved no confirmation. Nothing against John but he is a very busy man and sometimes things slip by. I was able to secure the reservations using the direct contact method.

The one time I mentioned that I had not recieved a confirmation on John's facebook I was flamed so badly because people felt I ws looking for somthing due to my Platinum status and a sense of entitlement which was truely not the case. You suggested the John Heald avenue and he has often said he would take care of this if requested so this is what I did. It almost kept me off any cruise forums completly.

I appreciate what John does for his lines passangers. He however can't control the masses that follow him. Rather than take the flaming, I will continue to contact the steakhouse directly for Chef's table reservations. It is quick and effective and without possible retribution.

Archived