Beer Cooler deal?

iamkidc

Will do and I agree totally! My dh and I cruised Celebrity in Feb for our anniversary and we tried the alcohol package. It was a 4 night trip and it was fun and we experienced MANY drinks we normally would not have had. But after 4 days of drinking I felt like I needed to detox. LOL. Coffees w/Baileys at the movies, in the spa area, wine w/lunch and dinner, drinks of the day, the MARTINI BAR (best place on the planet)! Excellent idea, but only on a short cruise for us!

the good thing about the package was that it was available all week at a pro-rated price ;)

We just got off Mariner and they brought out the coolers on the last day :rolleyes: All the waiters on deck were walking round wearing them over their shoulders. I'm not sure why they didn't introduce them earlier in the cruise. However they were selling 6 for the price of 5 buckets every day - but they weren't advertising them, we had to ask :)

• 2 weeks later...
For those on the Oasis. What "bar/s" do you "possibly" get these at (if they have them of course)?

Any of the bars near the pools. The servers also walk around the pool area with them on their backs selling them.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

What I thought was interesting on Majesty was that at the bar they said I could only get Bud products, yet down on Deck 4 where we got on the ship they said they would put whatever I wanted in the cooler. I did not get one, but thought it was interesting that they would put Miller Lite in the cooler yet the pool guys (who were very actively selling it) and the bartenders up there would only do Bud products.

It would take me about 3 days to empty the thing, but a couple of peeps have said that their room steward kept it iced so I guess that would work. We have a 3 year old so it would be nice to have easy access to a brew once he is in bed and the wife and I are hanging out on the balcony.

I wonder if you could get the thing filled with Strongbow from the pub on Oasis? My wife would then partake. It sounds like the results are purely random so I guess we'll give it a try in about 28 days and let you guys know!!!

It would take me about 3 days to empty the thing, but a couple of peeps have said that their room steward kept it iced so I guess that would work. We have a 3 year old so it would be nice to have easy access to a brew once he is in bed and the wife and I are hanging out on the balcony.

I wonder if you could get the thing filled with Strongbow from the pub on Oasis? My wife would then partake. It sounds like the results are purely random so I guess we'll give it a try in about 28 days and let you guys know!!!

Just off the Oasis on 9-10-11. As soon as I got my first drink I talked to the "Pool Bar" bar tender and made arrangements for our group of 26 to get coolers. He had us all come up at 8:30 am the next day before the bar opened and provided excellent service on getting us all coolers with our choice of Budweiser products (it is a bud promotion).....Bud,

Bud Lite, Michelobe Ultra. There were no substitutes availailable. We did get our cabin steward (by means of tipping a couple of bucks each day) to ice the beers regularly for us.....as a matter of fact after a couple of tips we could have iced everyone on the ships beer!!! HAHA!!

We did check with our crew and the winner of the fill ups was 5 times!!!! in 7 days with a husband drinking most beers and a wife having one here and there.

Enjoy, we did and it is a nice take home item.........don't panic when you get the cooler cause the beers are not twist offs......there is an opener attached to the inside of the cooler!!!! :)

Super Cool. Now I got a "strategy" LOL :D. This will be PERFECT. The beers are fine. Hubby and I aren't too picky just as long as it's cold.

I know at one time I saw that RCI was supposed to be offering a "drink" package on all ships but I guess the article was rescinded (because I can't find it anywhere, but I KNOW I'm not imagining it) and it's still only on European ships. Regardless. This would be enough for Hubby and I and he's a cooler junkie so he'll love getting the cooler.

I just spoke to someone at RCI about another question and decided to ask if the beer cooler would be available on Freedom in Nov. She had no idea what I was talking about, even put me on hold to ask. I referred her to this site and forwarded this thread to her so she could look into it. Maybe RCI will follow up and put it on all ships!

I just spoke to someone at RCI about another question and decided to ask if the beer cooler would be available on Freedom in Nov. She had no idea what I was talking about, even put me on hold to ask. I referred her to this site and forwarded this thread to her so she could look into it. Maybe RCI will follow up and put it on all ships!

Best of luck, this is the same thing that has been going on for over a year. Even on some of the ships that look at you like they have no idea what you are talking about. Again RCCL does a poor job doing things like this fleetwide. Not sure anyone has ever written Adam G about this but perhaps that would at least put this on the radarscope at a high level.

for the record:

My husband and I would LOVE an All-Inclusive Alcohol Package for our upcoming cruise (our first on RC)! We sailed sister company, Celebrity, last year and purchased the high-end drink package (basically anything in the world we wanted to drink!). Even though we didn't feel that we got our $$ worth on shore excursion days, we made up for loss of drinking time on the "at sea" days!! We especially <3 'ed that it took the guess work out of how much our bar tab was going to be! actually, if I remember correctly, we paid for both of our packages MONTHS before the cruise, so it was one less thing we had to worry about!! We would probably opt for the beer package because that is usually all we drink... If the refillable beer cooler is the only "package" offered, I'm thinking we'll blow the "fill 'er up 5 times" record outta the water! :rolleyes: Long story short: we felt the all-inclusive deal was a great!! and hope RCCL offers it on MOS soon!

took it on the Explorer in 2011. At least 50 people asked ne where I got it, since it wasn't offered in EX that cruise. I didn't get any bargains ( other than "freebies" rom generous gratuities)...but you can see that at least 14 fit- and the room steward kept those few "roadies" iced down for me each day.

I'll never cruise without it!

DSC09347.jpg[/img]

We were on the Freedom 9/4-9/11....no beer coolers :( Believe me, we asked!!! We had gotten them on the Oasis last year and it was wonderful both for around the pool and back in our cabin. We would refill before we went back to the room and were able to have a couple beers in the room while getting ready for dinner. It save us a bundle at the time-8 beers for ~$25 (however, it was a year ago...prices probably changed) where as on the Freedom last month, a bucket of 6 beers was over $30. I really don't understand why/how they decide where/when to have them. Hopefully they bring them to the Freedom before your cruise!

on the allure last month , we got the cooler and there was about 7 different beer choices:)...not just bud

i chose corona and they gave me a glass of limes to go with them:D

my cabin attendant was awesome , i kept that cooler in my shower for 2 weeks ,with beer,soda,water and bloody mary mix and it was always full of ice....totally convenient:cool:

that cooler will be joining me on all future cruises , until it falls apart;)

dave

Archived