Voyages to Antiquity - Cruises to the Orient

patseacruiser

Almost certainly going to book onto this cruiseline, so would be pleased to hear about other passengers.

A quick query for past passengers regarding excursions, on a number of days following an organised tour, free time is available. How flexible is the timing for transport back to the ship? Does everyone have to wait till a set time, or are you given a choice of times to pick up the bus to return.

Grateful for any info!

Hello - I've travelled with V2A 3 times now and as you can see have booked again for Dec. Your best bet is to read a recent review like CruiseMom42's etc to get recent info re the excursions.

The bus back really depends on the excursion - if you are out in the country then of course you come back on the bus. I have walked back by myself and shopped or had lunch in the port if we are fairly close to the harbour. On those days where there is only one excursion and a bit of a hike into town, V2A usually provides a shuttle bus with one pick up point and a generous allottement of time to wander on your own.

For me, it's all about the excursions and the ports and this company really has amazing trips. - Shar

• 2 months later...
What is the name of the shipping line and the name of the ship?

Voyages to Antiquity and the one and only ship is the Aegean Odyssey.

There are several reviews on this website - read them from the start and see how the company has improved + they have an interesting website with prices, itineraries and blog posts from crew, lecturers and former pax.

• 4 weeks later...
Of all of the great excursions and extras from this line, the nighttime trip to St. Mark's Bascillica is still my favourite! Enjoy Venice! Shar

I must say I have marveled during past travels through the Basilica San Marco, and would imagine the nighttime excursion with light show as summed up in their brochure must be amazing - certainly intrigues me!

I am traveling Italy "by land" in a few weeks, with another stop into Venice, and was wondering if any other company offered this experience as a stand alone tour?

Any insight fellow travelers?

• 1 month later...

My wife and I are in the process of booking the Hong Kong to Bangkok trip in January next year. Ontariotrekker and caexplorer, it looks like we are going to be shipmates for half the trip. Thank you to Cruisemom42 for all her useful and interesting input and information, both here and on the Med. board. We are booked on the Cunard QE in the Med. this year.

V2A is Gerry Herrod's latest venture. I sailed on the Ocean Cruise Lines' Ocean Islander in 1986, his first line. It will be interesting to see how things have developed. I met him briefly then. Judging by a picture of him that I saw recently, one of the things that has changed, is that we now share the same hair colour, which we did not do in 1986! :D

It sounds like a great trip and it will be a pleasant change, not to have to research and organise all our own shore excursions! :) We have travelled in Indonesia before and have loved the Indonesian crew on Holland America, so we look forward to going back.

It sounds like the ship is quite well booked.

Archived