Haines to Skagway ferry?

luckygirl59

I'm looking at the fastferry web site and only see schedules posted through 9/8; we will be there the following week. I assume they post the schedules at some point in advance?:confused:

Is the fastferry the only/best way to go between Haines and Skagway? I do not especially want to book a shore excursion through HAL, but also would like to get to Skagway early enough to go explore in a car or arrange a tour on my own.

Thanks for your help. This will be my first time in Haines/Skagway. I considered the Whitepass Railroad, which looks great, but so much sitting with no chance to get out and explore!

You need to verify and confirm the schedules directly with Fast Ferry. Later season, in the past, they have run their ferries less frequently. I ended up in Haines and extra couple hours once. :)

I suggest you also consider flying. I have done this as well, and allows for full days at the destination.

Archived