Total cost excluding taxes & fees???

karinad

I purchased our travel insurance when I made the deposit on our cruise. The total cost of our cruise is about $2200. for the 2 of us. They told me I could just insure the deposit, which was $500., insurance was $72., and I could just add onto to that when we had more money at risk. Here's my question: The increments with the cost of the insurance is $2000., $3000. etc., it's the same amount for $2500. and $3000. If we had to cancel before sailing, we would get refunded the taxes & fees which add up to be $200., correct??? So, instead of paying the extra to over-insure up to the $3000., I'd be ok with going with the $2000. There is about a $40. difference. Is that right, so that I wouldn't be out of $200.?

Seems trivial to what people are dealing with because of the hurricane, but our final payment was due today, and I don't want to risk it. Thanks so much!

I purchased our travel insurance when I made the deposit on our cruise. The total cost of our cruise is about $2200. for the 2 of us. They told me I could just insure the deposit, which was $500., insurance was $72., and I could just add onto to that when we had more money at risk. Here's my question: The increments with the cost of the insurance is $2000., $3000. etc., it's the same amount for $2500. and $3000. If we had to cancel before sailing, we would get refunded the taxes & fees which add up to be $200., correct??? So, instead of paying the extra to over-insure up to the $3000., I'd be ok with going with the $2000. There is about a $40. difference. Is that right, so that I wouldn't be out of $200.?

Only insure the amount that's non-refundable -- what you would not be getting back if you have to cancel at the last minute. If that amount adds up to $2000 or less that's the most you'd want to insure.

Only insure the amount that's non-refundable -- what you would not be getting back if you have to cancel at the last minute. If that amount adds up to $2000 or less that's the most you'd want to insure.

Yes, thanks! I looked up to see how much taxes and fees are. It worked out that I didn't have to go up to the next tier. I keep forgetting about those taxes and fees!

Archived