Eclipse with Teens at Christmas

jo797

Hi we just booked the Eclipse for Christmas week. We cruise every year at this time, but usually on RCCL where there are plenty of teens. My kids are 16 and 18, will there be enough kids their age to hang out with? Any information will be greatly appreciated. I know the numbers will be less then Rccl, but I want to make sure there are not just a handful. Please let me know your past experiences with this on Celebrity.

Thanks

We did a 15 day holiday cruise on the Millennium in Dec 2009 out of San Juan with 3 teenagers,17 15 and 14 at the time. While the number of teens did not overwhelm the ship, there were many. I believe the total number of children/teens on board totaled 4-500(and thats on a ship with a total of 2000pax). Our 15 year old son made many friends that he still keeps in touch with via facebook.

Beth

Honestly, I don't think so. Our last cruise on the Eclipse - May 2011 - we were among the very youngest on the ship at ages 49 and 53. IMO, you would be much, much better off on RCCL. I love Celebrity, the food is great, but for teens...no so much...and frankly, even for me, not so entertaining and I'm pretty low maintenance. I loved the Cafe al Bacio and the crepes restaurant. I enjoyed Qsine (although it was far too much food) but other than that, if it had not been a Med cruise, I would have been quite bored.

Cruising in May vs December are very different things. When you cruise during school times, the average age is higher. But during Christmas, there are tons of families on board. So the OP's kids will have others on board in their age range.

• 2 weeks later...

we are also taking celebrity with our 2 kids (11 & 13) on the Dec 24-eastern carribean eclipse cruise. travel agent says due to holiday schedule there will be kids to hang with. It won't be an overwhelming amount of kids like RC or Carnival but our kids like upscale so I think we will be ok.

We have booked a 14-night New Year cruise on Eclipse embarking 29 December 2012 - can anyone estimate how many children/teens there are likley to be on this cruise, please? [We are from the UK and, while we have visited the US over Christmas and the lead up to New Year not familiar with US school/college dates after New Year.]

Sue

There will be fewer than would be on 7 day cruises, since they 14 day cruises are so much more expensive for families. Also many primary and secondary schools start back immediately after the first of the year. Colleges and universities often don't begin until mid-January, however.

There will be fewer than would be on 7 day cruises, since they 14 day cruises are so much more expensive for families. Also many primary and secondary schools start back immediately after the first of the year. Colleges and universities often don't begin until mid-January, however.

Thanks, that matches my expectations but it is nice to have it confirmed.

Sue

Archived