Cabin Question and Fun Pass

Lindsay03811

Howdy!

Well, my first cruise will be April 24th on the Elation! I am so excited!

We booked a guarantee 6a ocean view room, and we got our documents over the weekend. It has already put our cabin number on there, so does that mean that is what it will be, or are we still available to get upgrades?

Also, our cabin is U 20-something. I looked on the deck plans, it looked as if we are near the very front of the ship. I am not sure, but is there more motion on the front, or is that a bad location to be? I like and advice whether good or bad, so let me know the truth : o )

One more thing, what is a FUN PASS?

Thank you all in advance for the replies, also feel free to post this or email me!

Thanks,

Lindsay

If you have a cabin assignment on your docs, chances are pretty good that's the cabin you'll have. On rare occasion, they will do a change at the pier.

The funpass is merely a pre-registration of information to make check-in go a little faster.

The front of the ship isn't too bad... the larger ships with the stabilizers don't really have anywhere that are really rocky. I think you'll be OK.

• 2 weeks later...

When you get on board, go to the lobby desk. Ask them about upgrades. If they have any cancellations, they might be able to give them to you. A fun pass looks just like a credit card. This is your card for buying things on board (not only mixed drinks, but items in the gift shops). I forget if Carnival had 2 cards or one. Celebrity cruises let you use the same card as a door key and fun pass type card. These are linked either to your credit card or a traveller's check. ONe word of advice, get yourself a small coin purse or pouch on a keyring. This has to be big enough for a credit card. Attach one of those "telephone wire" type wrist bands to it. Now when you go out to breakfast on board, etc. or if you are docked and only have to go out for a short jaunt, that's all you need to get back on. (depending on where you sail to.) When we went to Bermuda in 2003, we did not have to take our driver's license and birth certificate with us just to go to the stores across the street from the ship. You will be glad you have a small case on your wrist, trust me.

Archived