Diving at Nachi Cocom in Cozumel

SWEETSEA

My daughter (11 at the time) and I have dived with them twice and I would recommend them. The dive shop isn't actually based at Nachi Cocom but they will pick you up by boat if you ask someone to call them on the radio, otherwise its about 10 mins walk up the beach.

They were small groups per guide (6-8 divers).

We were new to diving at the time and although this was our first drift dive we felt quite safe as everything was explained clearly before hand. The visibility was amazing too.

I can't comment on the rental gear since we took our own.

The guides were also very helpful when I had a fault with my own BCD inflation hose and lent me a spare.

If you haven't been to Nachi Cocom before the resort is great too. We've been there 3 times now. For us it's ideal as my wife and son can enjoy the pool and beach while my daughter and I dive. The food, drink and service are excellent.

On our B2B trip on the Epic our itinerary was changed due to a hurricane and we returned to Cozumel on the second week. We enjoyed Nachi so much the first week we went back.

I booked the beach break and the dives online beforehand through cozumelcruiseexcursions.com. However as soon as we arrived at the beach we were asked if we wanted to book any water sports so I think you can be book the dives then.

Personally I would recommend pre-booking so you are certain there is room for you.

Sorry for another question, but everyone is great!

Ok, just got the dive info. There is a dive from 9am - 2pm and another at 10:30am - 3:30pm. We are in port from 8am - 5pm. I read somewhere that there is usually an issue getting back to port due to construction and that we should leave Nachi by 3pm. Am I correct or remembering incorrectly. I just want to make sure we get back on the ship as this is our first stop! :confused:

Background:we will be there the Oct 25th. And it looks like there will be either 1 or 2 more ships in port with us.

Sorry for another question, but everyone is great!

Ok, just got the dive info. There is a dive from 9am - 2pm and another at 10:30am - 3:30pm. We are in port from 8am - 5pm. I read somewhere that there is usually an issue getting back to port due to construction and that we should leave Nachi by 3pm. Am I correct or remembering incorrectly. I just want to make sure we get back on the ship as this is our first stop! :confused:

Background:we will be there the Oct 25th. And it looks like there will be either 1 or 2 more ships in port with us.

We had no problem getting there or back, about 15 to 20 mins each way.

We did however only book a single tank dive each time we were at Nachi Cocom as we wanted to enjoy the resort as well. I think the dive was around 11ish.

• 1 month later...

Archived