Flying Fish Sandwich

USAF2180

I tried looking through all the threads but was unsuccessful in finding anything. Was wondering if anyone who's been to Barbados can recommend a place to have this fish sandwich...our itinerary is open to Barbados so we can take a cab anywhere....thanks!

Easy to find, we taxied to a place up the west coast but can't remember the name. But a driver told us about it and you can learn the best places from them.

• 2 weeks later...
We actually asked locals where to find flying fish sandwhiches; I agree that you need to be careful or you will wind up on a toasted bun:p

We are actually going to be in Barbados on Nov. 30, 2012. I'm still looking for something fun to do. We will be there for 9 hours so I am looking into land and sea options.

I guess I'll have to try the fish too. :eek:

you could make a day of it at the hilton. not only a great beach and pool area, but right next to great local food. on the short road to the hilton you will find many options. at the corner, there is a group of kiosks including rotis, jamaican patties, and more. on the road itself is a small stand with the best fish cutters i have eaten anywhere. and a more formal setting is brown sugar restaurant where they serve a great bajan lunch buffet. enjoy the day.

steve

We have had a flying fish lunch at the Sand Dunes Pub a couple times....it is a very mild flavoured fish.:)

We also have been at Sand Dunes a couple of times and always enjoyed our meal which also includes macaroni cheese pie, cole slaw, and potato salad. Cost about 10-13 per person with drink/beer.

stu

• 1 month later...
you could make a day of it at the hilton. not only a great beach and pool area, but right next to great local food. on the short road to the hilton you will find many options. at the corner, there is a group of kiosks including rotis, jamaican patties, and more. on the road itself is a small stand with the best fish cutters i have eaten anywhere. and a more formal setting is brown sugar restaurant where they serve a great bajan lunch buffet. enjoy the day.

steve

Steve, can I assume that the Hilton offers day passes? If not, maybe I can use some rewards points.

Archived