Celebrity Cruise Care Travel Insurance

KMR

Any one have any actual experience with buying their travel insurance directly through Celebrity Cruise? Or even if you have not, do you have any opinion if it is good insurance coverage or not. It is so much cheaper than the other travel insurance companies I looked at on Squaremouth or Insuremytrip but I don't know how it compares to other policies. I would appreciate any information you can give me on the coverage that the Celebrity Cruise Care offers.

Thank you

Any one have any actual experience with buying their travel insurance directly through Celebrity Cruise? Or even if you have not, do you have any opinion if it is good insurance coverage or not. It is so much cheaper than the other travel insurance companies I looked at on Squaremouth or Insuremytrip but I don't know how it compares to other policies. I would appreciate any information you can give me on the coverage that the Celebrity Cruise Care offers.

Thank you

KMR, I have bought Celebrity's insurance a few times but have a different opinion of insurance than most people who post on cruise critic. In my opinion, insurance is to protect a person from catastrophic loss, not to cover every conceivable cost. I also like the idea that if you cancel a cruise for a reason not covered by the policy you get a substantial credit toward a future Celebrity cruise.

I am interested in buying it too. Mainly, for coverage of trip cancellation. But I don't understand this statement:

With the CruiseCare Cancellation Penalty Waiver, if your plans go away and you cancel - or interrupt - your cruise vacation (for specified reasons), Celebrity Cruises will waive the non-refundable cancellation provision of your cruise ticket contract and pay you IN CASH the value of the unused portion of your prepaid cruise vacation.

I would like to know if the cost of the cruise is refundable right up until the time you travel.

For specified reasons, it is refundable right up to the time you board the ship. Now you just need to see if the reason you can't go is one of the specified reasons. And this is the rub with any contract for insurance. You must read the document and not just the advertizing blurbs used to sell them.

we have purchased it the last few cruises. broke my nose last may on the solstice. had to go to a foreign dr on some island. cost $100 cash!! i have medicare & anthem supplement. neither will pay outside us. i sent info and was paid the $100. if you have to ber evacuated it could cost $100000. not worth the risk.

we have purchased it the last few cruises. broke my nose last may on the solstice. had to go to a foreign dr on some island. cost $100 cash!! i have medicare & anthem supplement. neither will pay outside us. i sent info and was paid the $100. if you have to ber evacuated it could cost $100000. not worth the risk.

Hi adbnva

I am not really interested in the Cruisecare for it's medical benefits...only the Trip Cancellation.

I have really good medical Insurance for anywhere outside Canada. Unfortunately, in the province of Quebec, you can't buy trip Cancellation without medical insurance in the same package.

So this works for meM

I have always purchased trip cancellation insurance directly from Celebrity.

Unfortunately I have had to cancel twice---for covered reasons---and after filling out the required forms have been refunded the cruise cost with no problem.

Archived