Can you carry on your own luggage?

We're planning to pack very lightly for a 4 day sailing on the Monarch. I was wondering if we can just take our own luggage aboard, we don't want to wait for our bags to arrive. Is this OK? or is it frowned upon?

Provided your luggage is able to fit through the Ship's scanner when you board. The scanner is the same size as used at the airports. So if your bags are larger than 22" than you'll probably have a problem.

Provided your luggage is able to fit through the Ship's scanner when you board. The scanner is the same size as used at the airports. So if your bags are larger than 22" than you'll probably have a problem.

It was pointed out in last weeks thread that the scanners are not the same size. The scanners at the port are larger.

I was just on Monarch last week & did this very thing! One tip..if you do board early & head to the Windjammer go all the way forward into the Jade Area...there are hardly any people up that far when you first board & makes finding a table much easier...

It was pointed out in last weeks thread that the scanners are not the same size. The scanners at the port are larger.

The scanner at the port my be larger but you still have to go through the scanner on board ship when embarking. All the ones on board ship I've ever gone through are the same as at the airport.

Archived