*OFFICIAL CC GROUP CRUISE*"Spirit of the 'Magic'al Dream" CARNIVAL MAGIC, FEB 26,2012

satex

Hello, It's me Lynda again :o I am booking on this cruise tomorrow. Myself & My Sister Jennifer in one room. Also My friends Heather & Bonnie (Sister's also) in another room. I am just waiting to get their info so I can book us all !! I can't wait. Only I have been on a cruise in the past, they have never cruised ! I am sending them the Cruise cruitic info.... so they can join in the conversation. We are all from Toronto ON, Canada :p

I can't wait !!

Hi again, Just a few questions... Why is this cruise not listed in the Group cruises ? Just wondering :rolleyes:

Also I have been lurking a number of group cruises & trying to decided which one to go on... I want to go on them all !!! On the other Group cruises they have a "chat" section. Not sure how to explain it but it is not a long conversation... It is sectioned off, for example

Precruise

Port 1 ....

Port 2 ...

Getting to know you

I hope this makes sence, I can't find an example now. Kind of more organized... do you have that also ? :o

I have only been on 1 cruise in Aug with my Daughter. An Eastern turned Western on the Dream & since then cruising is all I can think of !

Hi again, Just a few questions... Why is this cruise not listed in the Group cruises ? Just wondering :rolleyes:

Also I have been lurking a number of group cruises & trying to decided which one to go on... I want to go on them all !!! On the other Group cruises they have a "chat" section. Not sure how to explain it but it is not a long conversation... It is sectioned off, for example

Precruise

Port 1 ....

Port 2 ...

Getting to know you

I hope this makes sence, I can't find an example now. Kind of more organized... do you have that also ? :o

I have only been on 1 cruise in Aug with my Daughter. An Eastern turned Western on the Dream & since then cruising is all I can think of !

Hello there

We are not sure why this one never made the CC Group page, maybe because all the rules were changing at the same time we became Official?

But we are Official, or believe me they would be busting us for using the word Official CC Group on the main board.

We do all our Chatting here, as so far Laura has not set this CC Group up with the Business page yet either,

so my Sister set Rich up with one for now to get the Prices posted.

If you came over to our Chat thread, for the Liberty Looneys, we chat on the Main board,

and on my Business pages I keep the Master copy and up to date lists of who is going, and doing what

So I do not have to run back through 40 pages of Chat to find what I am looking for.

I might have to scroll through one or two, but not 20 or 30

I have only been on 1 cruise ... since then cruising is all I can think of !

That is what happened to me the first time I meet this same group of people.

Sure we have added to them now, but it was these bunch of crazies who help to fester my addiction.

RICH, West, Janet, Judie, Steve, Julie, Emilee Jarod, Sherri and the list goes on...and that is not even mentioning my own family

Well friends, I have good news (and I'm giddy!) and bad news...

The good news is that we finally scored ourselves a car that we can afford and pay in full. The bad news is, we have to pass FOR NOW on booking the SMDer cruise. Please be happy for us that we now have a car to get to work and can avoid a taxi, bicycle, and mooching a ride from a neighbor.

Yes, it is only 50 dollars, but 50 dollars we need more today than 100 dollar savings for the group cruise in the future. This is what is best for us. If YOU have the money upfront to lock in the BEST DEAL EVER!! DO SO!!!!! Wish we could, but we can't.

Hopefully we can become SMDer members in the future. If not, we wish you all a fantastic cruise! Have a great time friends, and please be happy with our choice decision of choosing a vehicle over a cruise right now. We are just starting out in our lives and a means for transportation unfortunately comes before vacation. Hopefully that will change within the year. :)

The good news is that we finally scored ourselves a car that we can afford and pay in full. The bad news is, we have to pass FOR NOW on booking the SMDer cruise. Please be happy for us that we now have a car to get to work and can avoid a taxi, bicycle, and mooching a ride from a neighbor.

Yes, it is only 50 dollars, but 50 dollars we need more today than 100 dollar savings for the group cruise in the future. This is what is best for us. If YOU have the money upfront to lock in the BEST DEAL EVER!! DO SO!!!!! Wish we could, but we can't.

Hopefully we can become SMDer members in the future. If not, we wish you all a fantastic cruise! Have a great time friends, and please be happy with our choice decision of choosing a vehicle over a cruise right now. We are just starting out in our lives and a means for transportation unfortunately comes before vacation. Hopefully that will change within the year. :)

Is this your nice way to say please do not pressure you to book this week?

Congrats on the Car...It is to cold to not have one in your part of the country...I lived there 3 years, and 71 below wind chill is nothing to be walking or biking in.

Precruise

Port 1 ....

Port 2 ...

Getting to know you

Every group cruise has an official business page. (except this one) What the group leader does with that page is completely up to them. As Marie said earlier, we use our business threads for business only. It's a good place for people to go and find out all the important information, without having to wade threough 1000+ posts. Then we have an offical chat forum on the canival boards, or Royal board etc. Thats where we get to know one another, complain, vent, tell jokes, talk about recipes, whatever the case may be. Some group leaders do everything on the business page. WHY? I don't know. It doesn't make sense to me either.

I hope this helps, and welcome to the group! Be sure and post in this forum when you are booked. Rich will add you to the list of people who are booked!

That is great news about the car. I completely understand not having the cash right now to book this cruise. I think you are being a responsible adult, and have made the right desicion for your situation. I do hope you will be able to join us later. I would love to meet you.

Hello, It's me Lynda again :o I am booking on this cruise tomorrow. Myself & My Sister Jennifer in one room. Also My friends Heather & Bonnie (Sister's also) in another room. I am just waiting to get their info so I can book us all !! I can't wait. Only I have been on a cruise in the past, they have never cruised ! I am sending them the Cruise cruitic info.... so they can join in the conversation. We are all from Toronto ON, Canada :p

I can't wait !!

I know you said you are booking tomorrow, but if something happens and you can't book tomorrow, be sure to do it no later than Friday. The group rate and the 25.00 deposit go away after that.:eek:

[ATTACH]172989[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]172990[/ATTACH]

around 16 bucks if the prices don't go up

[ATTACH]172991[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]172992[/ATTACH]

around 13 if the prices don't go up

Here are the other four.

Anyway, I was really bored tonight so I started playing. These are in no way the design unless you guys say they are. I was just playing.

All three shirts have our names on the back. So which front do you like?

Also, like I said, it is not definately the design, I was just playing around. Maybe someone else has a better idea. The first shirt has the wizard and a ship on the front. I was trying to make it look like the wizard "poofed" the ship into existance. :rolleyes:

We have plenty of time, but heck, I was bored.

Also, like I said, it is not definately the design, I was just playing around. Maybe someone else has a better idea. The first shirt has the wizard and a ship on the front. I was trying to make it look like the wizard "poofed" the ship into existance. :rolleyes:

The shirts look nice ! Will everyone in the group be able to buy a shirt ? Will it have all group members names on the back ? Or just the group of you that know each other ?

I know you said you are booking tomorrow, but if something happens and you can't book tomorrow, be sure to do it no later than Friday. The group rate and the 25.00 deposit go away after that.:eek:

Thank you very Much Janet, nothing like leaving it to the last min !!

Thank you for the welcome Everyone ! I will be sure to let you know when I am officially booked :p

Just so I am not missing anything I know about this page & the picing page http://home.centurytel.net/Dodds/Magic.html

Is there another section I am missing ?

I am looking foward to chatting with you too Cathy !

Wow Marie that is great all of the People you have met !! So most of you all know each other !? Too bad they are making all of the changes to the Group cruises !! I just discovered this !!:(

Question about the Magic ? Is is supposed to be smaller than the Dream ?

Is this your nice way to say please do not pressure you to book this week?

Congrats on the Car...It is to cold to not have one in your part of the country...I lived there 3 years, and 71 below wind chill is nothing to be walking or biking in.

Yes Marie, you read between my lines perfectly as usual :D

We've been very fortunate with good weather up until today. I have yet to experience 71 below wind chill, what kills me is how DRY it gets here. I grew up in Maine, so cold I can take, but DRY AIR I cannot. Ugh.

Woke up to 50mph gust winds and nobody can bicycle in that!

Janet, thank you for your kind words. We gotta draw the line somewhere, and here is the line. If it's not the SMDer cruise, we will DEFINITELY be on the next group cruise of this bunch!

:)

Janet, before I forget I like the 89 front and 92 back.

Mimi, YEA on the car. I totally understand. Who knows maybe I will win the lottery and just pay for you.lol

Lynda, as long as you are booked with this nutty group your name will be on the shirt with no problem.

Chat later.

Let me say good morning Mateys!!!!

Welcome to Lynda and group...So glad you found us..:) Jump right in and join the talk ,you will like us here, I promise.

I can answer a couple of your questions. The shirts would have EVERYONES name on them, not just the ones who know each other. We are not that kind of group, everyone loves every one, and all is included in everything that you choose to be included in.:p

As for the size of the ship, the Magic is the sister ship to the Dream, so it`s the same size.;)

Poofy sorry that you and Andy might not be able to make this cruise, but more important is that now you have a car... GREAT NEWS!!

We are thrilled for you and it does seem as tho you are smart and have your priorities straight.

Hi Janet, Jeriod, Marie, Lynda, and Cathyp.

I`m sure that I missed someone so waving to you too.:D

Our weather is starting to turn sour so I had better get off and close the pc down.. Severe weather moving in.:eek:

Be safe Poofy!!! I see on the weather channel that the weather is not good your way.:eek:

Good Morning my SMD sibs, I miss calling you all my Sibs

it gets lost in the SMDer's

Maybe I could say SMDer Sibs...

Ok, working on it in my head...

I'll get back to you on this is in a few days, (I'm slow) unless I forget about it (I'm Old) :eek:

Really, I was going to answers some questions, but it looks like Bobbie and some others have done beat me to it!

So, I guess I will just wave at you all and say

GOOD DAY!

Janet, I made the banner we have on line an embroidery design if you want me to send that, I can make it a jpg as well. Let me know.

The shirts look nice ! Will everyone in the group be able to buy a shirt ? Will it have all group members names on the back ? Or just the group of you that know each other ?

It will absolutely have everyones name on it!! IF this is the design that is chosen for the final design. We kind of like to have many inputs on everything and then vote. By the time this cruise happens we WILL all know each other. You will see how this works but this group will be family by the time we sail. We are stoked to have new people in the family and that includes you! :D

Thank you for the welcome Everyone ! I will be sure to let you know when I am officially booked :p

Just so I am not missing anything I know about this page & the picing page http://home.centurytel.net/Dodds/Magic.html

Is there another section I am missing ?

I am looking foward to chatting with you too Cathy !

Wow Marie that is great all of the People you have met !! So most of you all know each other !? Too bad they are making all of the changes to the Group cruises !! I just discovered this !!:(

Question about the Magic ? Is is supposed to be smaller than the Dream ?

There is no other section that you are missing. Sometime in the future there might be an offical business page that Rich will post information on, but as of right now, that isn't available. Rich will make sure we all know about it when/if it happens.

The magic is the same size as the Dream, but I have heard that there are some improvements to the Magic that aren't on the Dream. I don't know what they are yet except that the magic will have a pub called the red frog. I guess that is a big deal for some.

And definately don't worry about the group cruise thing. Some of us will never give up on cruising together. We will have groups on Royal Caribbean or NCL cuz they are offering the 25.00 deposit now, as well as reduced pricing on their cruises! And I am sure that some will still use carnival as well. But for most of us, the full deposit at once will be an issue. So we will switch to another line.

In fact, some of us were talking about a cruise out of NY on Royal sometime soon.

Janet, I made the banner we have on line an embroidery design if you want me to send that, I can make it a jpg as well. Let me know.

That would be great. It will need to have simple lines so the printer can recreate it on a silk screen. And it would be helpful if it could be done in one color. More than one color = more $$$ and problems.

Remember the dream catcher? It had so many lines involved that it was really difficult to recreate. Plus, my daughter might end up having to actually draw the design for the printer to use for the silkscreen.

Archived