*OFFICIAL CC GROUP CRUISE*"Spirit of the 'Magic'al Dream" CARNIVAL MAGIC, FEB 26,2012

satex

Good morning, Dreamers oops I mean SMDers!

lol

Thanks, Rich, for trying to fill in for me. What a busy day we had yesterday. They had the Christening at the shipyard for the USS California sub. They also had alot of nice things to say about Kenny and then had him stand up. He got such an ovation I almost cried. He was so embarrassed. After the ceremony he had Admirals and Congressman congratulating him on his 46 years. What a special day for both of us. We also had breakfast and lunch there. Then came home for a couple of hours before we had to go to my girlfriends for chili and a bonfire. The wind was ripping and I was wrapped up in my snuggie. Burr. Home by 6:30.

This morning I am just so pooped. Kenny is working so I can't imagine how he is doing it. He has 2 more weekend days and then off for the rest of his life.

2 weeks from today on our way to FLORIDA.....I am so very ready.

Janet, I loved our shirts from the Dream and I am sure the new ones will be great.

Chat later my sibs and bros.

Thanks Janet, for putting Dawn and I back together

I know the shirts are going to be great,

Heck I think the "on on" makes our shirts all that much better!

I wear them all the time, no one has ever asked me about the on on part...

Morning Cathy, and all the rest of you reading this morning.

Good morning SMDer's. Have to work today, so this will be short.

Cathy p - glad to hear that Kenny got what he deserves after 46 years. What a special day for the two of you.

OK Janet, give it up. The pole and Betty? Now I was there with the fairies and the pole, but I think I missed something, somewhere.

Good morning Marie:).

Got to go. Later

Montego Bay idea. Either tour looks like a party and totally a blast!

http://jamaicawatersports.com/cruise.htm

And both tours visit Margaritaville! hummm...I bet they have a pole there! And with "rum punch flowing" one never knows who will end up on that pole! BETTY!!

Janet, I looked at both of these and they both look like a blast. I guess it depends on weather the group wants to shop on the "strip":rolleyes: or just drink:D as only one of the tours has the rum punch. Then again, we need someone to volunteer to become the director for this one also. Anyone want to step up to the plate for Montego Bay tour director? Don't be shy:D.

Thanks, Rich, yep Kenny sure deserved everything and more they gave him.

I have been shopping all day. I bought a new hand mixer, new bowls and a electric juicer. I have been having the best ole time. That is what happens when I don't want to do anything.lol

Rich...there was a pole in margaritaville on cozumel. After we went on the bar hop with you guys, we went into margaritaville and crashed Betty and her gang. We had a ton of fun in there! The pole? Yep...it got used!:D:o:p:eek::D

Janet, I looked at both of these and they both look like a blast. I guess it depends on weather the group wants to shop on the "strip":rolleyes: or just drink:D as only one of the tours has the rum punch. Then again, we need someone to volunteer to become the director for this one also. Anyone want to step up to the plate for Montego Bay tour director? Don't be shy:D.

I will. Judie says "anything for Rich!":D

Montego Bay idea. Either tour looks like a party and totally a blast!

http://jamaicawatersports.com/cruise.htm

And both tours visit Margaritaville! hummm...I bet they have a pole there! And with "rum punch flowing" one never knows who will end up on that pole! BETTY!!

I like this tour. We are there until 6 pm. Would you prefer tour one, snorkel party boat and 20 minute stop at margaritaville or two, a snorkel stop and 3 hour beach stop near margaritaville?

I'm kind of leaning towards tour one and if margaritaville is a total blast, we just take a taxi back to the ship. OR maybe I can contact them and ask if we charter the entire ship if they would allow us to stay at margaritaville for about an hour. hummm...what do you think?

Because I am impatient, I went ahead and emailed the tour company. I asked them all the questions I am wondering about except the price. Cuz I know the price will go up by 2012.

I will let ya know what they say. In the meantime, I will look for other things to do there as well.

I like this tour. We are there until 6 pm. Would you prefer tour one, snorkel party boat and 20 minute stop at margaritaville or two, a snorkel stop and 3 hour beach stop near margaritaville?

I'm kind of leaning towards tour one and if margaritaville is a total blast, we just take a taxi back to the ship. OR maybe I can contact them and ask if we charter the entire ship if they would allow us to stay at margaritaville for about an hour. hummm...what do you think?

Congrats to Janet, our Jamaica Freestyle director!

I also like the first one and I'm thinking that would be great to charter the ship, but it would depend on how many we can gather up for this tour. And if not then we can also get taxi's.

PS: Anything for Judie:D.

Here is a list of things that I thought that we could do while on the Magic cruise:

M&G the night prior at the Hotel - Director Rich and West

M&G while on board - Director Rich and West

Cabin crawl - Director ?

Pub crawl - Directors Sherri & Dale

Slot pull - Directors Janet and Judie

Cocktail party - Director Rich and West

Gift exchange - Director Marie

B-day party Director - Director ?

Putt-putt tournament - Director ?

Steakhouse Dining - Director ?

T-Shirt - Director Janet

Excursions

Cozumel: Cozumel Bar Bus Hop – Tour Director Lori

Nachi Cocom Director Marie

Grand Cayman: ??? Tour Director Andrea

Montego Bay: Jamaica Freestyle Tour Director Janet

And of course: Group Leaders - Rich and West

Chat Director – Cathy P

Countdown Director - Andrea

Official Photographer - Jerod

OK, here is the start of the Splendor review!

Day 1 We took the shuttle from the Westin, Long Beach to the new Carnival terminal. When we got to the terminal, the place was a mess. We went to the VIP area and were told that we were not on the list and had to go through the other line. I showed the lady our fun pass that says “VIP”. She looked again and we still weren’t there, so she told us just up to the counter. We did as we were told and gave the lady at the VIP counter our fun pass. She also, could not find us and couldn’t find our cards either. Of course the card machine wasn’t working so she went up to the front office to make our cards. We then were asked to wait in line until the other cruisers from the last cruise completed their debarkation. We were told it would be done by 12:30. 1:30 they finally started letting everyone on board (and you know West was the first of the VIP’s on). The rest of the night we heard stories of those that waited 4-5 hours to board. Dinner was nothing to brag about because as you know, they never get anything right the first night in the dining room. They did have a trivia at 3:30 that West won. I got second and there was no third place since we were the only two playing. The show after dinner was the same old thing and then we went to karaoke to top off the night.

Day 2 We were at sea and did a meet and greet at 10am, lunch and a slot pull at 2pm. At dinner I have the lobster and shrimp and when I finished the waiter said that he heard it was my B-day and bought me another plate of the lobster and shrimp. He said that it was the same price for one or two plates. And for the second night in a row, West’s steak had to go back. He ordered it well done and got it pink in the middle. Then off to see the comedians for the rest of the night. They have two PG rated shows and two adult only each night.

Day 3 Another day at sea. Lazy day and didn’t do much at all.

To Be Continued.

I already heard back from the freestyle company! OK I'm impressed! The boat holds 55 people. uh oh! They said we could have the extra hour, no problem. Of course my question was "If we fill the boat, can we extend it an hour". They take payment by paypal, and they give 100% refund if the ship doesn't dock there.

I replied to her email and asked if we could have 30 people and still extend the tour an hour. I'll let you know what they say. I think the party boat tour is what we should do, even if we have to take taxi's back for those wanting to stay at Margaritaville a little longer. I will try to find out how much the taxis might be.

Rich...there was a pole in margaritaville on cozumel. After we went on the bar hop with you guys, we went into margaritaville and crashed Betty and her gang. We had a ton of fun in there! The pole? Yep...it got used!:D:o:p:eek::D

Oh Kimi & I love the pole! Sign us up :).

Here is a list of things that I thought that we could do while on the Magic cruise:

M&G the night prior at the Hotel - Director Rich and West

M&G while on board - Director Rich and West

Cabin crawl - Director ? I am so over cabin crawls! They all look the same now. :(

Pub crawl - Directors Sherri & Dale

Slot pull - Directors Janet and Judie

Cocktail party - Director Rich and West perhaps this could be combined with the birthday party!:D

Gift exchange - Director Marie

B-day party Director - Director ?

Putt-putt tournament - Director ?

Steakhouse Dining - Director ?

T-Shirt - Director Janet

No scavenger hunt?:confused:? Steve would like to be the director I bet!:D

Excursions

Cozumel: Cozumel Bar Bus Hop – Tour Director Lori

Nachi Cocom Director Marie

Grand Cayman: ??? Tour Director Andrea

Montego Bay: Jamaica Freestyle Tour Director Janet

And of course: Group Leaders - Rich and West

Chat Director – Cathy P

Countdown Director - Andrea

Official Photographer - Jerod

see all my red remarks above. Saves me from all that typing! l a z y !:p

I already heard back from the freestyle company! OK I'm impressed! The boat holds 55 people. uh oh! They said we could have the extra hour, no problem. Of course my question was "If we fill the boat, can we extend it an hour". They take payment by paypal, and they give 100% refund if the ship doesn't dock there.

I replied to her email and asked if we could have 30 people and still extend the tour an hour. I'll let you know what they say. I think the party boat tour is what we should do, even if we have to take taxi's back for those wanting to stay at Margaritaville a little longer. I will try to find out how much the taxis might be.

Janet,

Not sure where 55 people fit on that boat, but for 35 or 40 bucks,

I think you will get a boat load, count Us in for sure!

I just went back to Rich's List "O" Names, and counted 30 I am sure will be the first to sign up

and that is just the ones I know.

I bet the peeps Rich knows will be booking that baby too.

Good morning SMDer's

OK Janet - some of us remember your cabin when we did the cabin crawl on the Spirit:eek:. lol I was just thinking that some others might want to put one together and see the other cabins. I think I have seen all of the cabins but the owners suite anyway. The cocktail party is only for one hour (all you can drink) so a combo party wouldn't work (I don't think it would - anyone else think it could work?). Yup, the party boat does sound better and better. Did you ask if they have a pole on onboard:D.

Vicki - Ya, your going to fit in just fine!

Good morning Lynda (since your the only here this morning).

Marie - ya, I'm sure we could get at least 30 to go. You know that we have a few (alot of) party animals on the cruise.

Got to get going. Got stuff to do today. Later

Rich, I think we could turn the one hour Cocktail Party

into the Celebration for Birthdays, Anniversary.ect...

just the free drinks will stop flowing...

I can tell you more after we come back from the Liberty,

we are having the one hour cocktail party too.

I am requesting a Lounge, so if the need be Payton can come. (he will have virgin drinks or pop)

Have you looked into the pricing for a 2 hour party?

I know the one hour is $11.44, but we rounded it up to $12pp

We are in!!! Love Margaritaville!! . Last time we were there we did Dunns River Falls and I did not like it. :mad: This tour sounds like a great time! :D

Good Morning Jen, Marie, Lynda, Rich and anyone else around. The party boat sounds like fun, I'll talk to Don about it when I get home. Snorkeling then party, sound right up my alley, well, snorkeling for Don anyways, maybe not for me.

Looks like the run of nice weather is over here in Arizona, might be nicer back home in Michigan :eek:.

Archived