*OFFICIAL CC GROUP CRUISE*"Spirit of the 'Magic'al Dream" CARNIVAL MAGIC, FEB 26,2012

satex

We are in!!! Love Margaritaville!! . Last time we were there we did Dunns River Falls and I did not like it. :mad: This tour sounds like a great time! :D

See Janet, steelerjen was not one of my "30" that I know would want to go...

I think the problem might be, is there enough room for everyone LOL

Steeler, what did you not like about the Dunns river falls,

I have a tour doing them and the cool blue hole this Jan.

Input would be great.

Who was your tour guide, if you can remember?

We have Peat Taylor tours, suppose to be the #1 tour guy in Ocho Rios...

OK off to do something :rolleyes:

Did you ask if they have a pole on onboard:D.

Well if they don't, we'll bring one! Kimi sells those things and they can be quite portable...LOL. Our husbands just shake their heads when we go away for the weekend and pack the pole! They don't say a word :o.

And the party boat sounds amazing...as long as you all promise to make sure that we get back on the ship, since this is what happens when I drink a few (well maybe more than a few)...

148688_1687634437249_1429321339_31741559_5197956_n.jpg

See Janet, steelerjen was not one of my "30" that I know would want to go...

I think the problem might be, is there enough room for everyone LOL

Steeler, what did you not like about the Dunns river falls,

I have a tour doing them and the cool blue hole this Jan.

Input would be great.

Who was your tour guide, if you can remember?

We have Peat Taylor tours, suppose to be the #1 tour guy in Ocho Rios...

OK off to do something :rolleyes:

I think it had to do more with me then them. It was my very first cruise & first port and I was younger and didn't know what to expect. I only went up the falls about half way & then dh continued on. Big Mistake. I could not find my way back to the bus and I was stuck in a swap meet of vendors. They kept pulling me by my arms, and I would just say no thank you I'm looking for my husband. Then they would say your husband is in here and naive me would believe them. I wasn't use to the aggressive nature and just wanted to get back to my husband. We booked the tour through Carnival because we didn't know any better.

Rich, I think we could turn the one hour Cocktail Party

into the Celebration for Birthdays, Anniversary.ect...

just the free drinks will stop flowing...

I can tell you more after we come back from the Liberty,

we are having the one hour cocktail party too.

I am requesting a Lounge, so if the need be Payton can come. (he will have virgin drinks or pop)

Have you looked into the pricing for a 2 hour party?

I know the one hour is $11.44, but we rounded it up to $12pp

On the last cruise I was on we booked a private "open bar" party. I was wonderful ! I only wished we booked one everyday !! Ours was 1.5 hours . I am posting the details posted by the Person that arranged it ... hope this helps. Everyone that went sent the Person that arranged the party either a Paypal (Very easy to use !) payment or a cheque.

The cost is 9.95 per person plus 15% service charge per person for 1 hour open bar with dry snacks = $11.45 per person

The cost is $14.50 per person plus 15% service charge per person for 1.5 hours open bar with dry snacks = 16.68 per person

The cost is $17.00 per person plus 15% service charge per person for 2 hours open bar with dry snacks = $19.55

We need to guarantee 20 people minimum and pay in full

I think it had to do more with me then them. It was my very first cruise & first port and I was younger and didn't know what to expect. I only went up the falls about half way & then dh continued on. Big Mistake. I could not find my way back to the bus and I was stuck in a swap meet of vendors. They kept pulling me by my arms, and I would just say no thank you I'm looking for my husband. Then they would say your husband is in here and naive me would believe them. I wasn't use to the aggressive nature and just wanted to get back to my husband. We booked the tour through Carnival because we didn't know any better.

That is just wrong on so many points!

First they should have helped you out of the falls at the next place

and let you walk up the falls on the edge so you would always be at least close to the Group.

Carnival should have had a better tour person for the group

I have heard the vendors can be aggressive, and I can see a young girl alone, being taken advantage of...

No worries, that would not happen with this group of sibs, even if you said you would be fine,

someone would have stepped out and been with you.

When we went Cave tubing in Belize, one of us had to stop short, and another stayed with her,

then they got in and join the group at that entrance to the caves.

On the last cruise I was on we booked a private "open bar" party. I was wonderful ! I only wished we booked one everyday !! Ours was 1.5 hours . I am posting the details posted by the Person that arranged it ... hope this helps. Everyone that went sent the Person that arranged the party either a Paypal (Very easy to use !) payment or a cheque.

The cost is 9.95 per person plus 15% service charge per person for 1 hour open bar with dry snacks = $11.45 per person

The cost is $14.50 per person plus 15% service charge per person for 1.5 hours open bar with dry snacks = 16.68 per person

The cost is $17.00 per person plus 15% service charge per person for 2 hours open bar with dry snacks = $19.55

We need to guarantee 20 people minimum and pay in full

Yep, this is the way it works...

Rich I think we could really do the 2 hour Party with this group :D

What is $20 bucks, and that would make for a great Celebration Party.

For the Liberty...

I am having everyone who pays wear a friendship bracelet, so the bar tenders only serve those who have the bracelet

no bracelet, no booze

and I will have a manifest of Names.

At the door, show your S&S Card, Check off the list, receive the Bracelet, and Party on!

I am also thinking of making up a sign saying Private Party

Looneys Only, or something to that effect, as we also have 2 Roll Call

I got my bracelets CHEAP from OT they are orange and black...

one guess why they were cheap...

peeps coming.

For the Liberty...

I am having everyone who pays wear a friendship bracelet, so the bar tenders only serve those who have the bracelet

no bracelet, no booze

At the door, show your S&S Card, Check off the list, receive the Bracelet, and Party on!

peeps coming.

Excellent idea !! I am pretty sure there were a few in our party who did not pay ?!

What happens is the extras end up on the Leaders sail and Sign Card.

I don't mind extras on my Sail and Sign card, but they had better pay me at the door ;) and get a bracelet...

Count us in for this one too! Just tell us when & who to pay :). And I was the one who was worried about fitting in...as long as I have dance partners, I'm good to go :).

You don't suck ! My name is Lynda :o Congrats on your cruise !!!

Great! I thought so, but I was really confused! Hi Lynda!:D

Good morning SMDer's

OK Janet - some of us remember your cabin when we did the cabin crawl on the Spirit:eek:. lol I was just thinking that some others might want to put one together and see the other cabins. I think I have seen all of the cabins but the owners suite anyway. The cocktail party is only for one hour (all you can drink) so a combo party wouldn't work (I don't think it would - anyone else think it could work?). Yup, the party boat does sound better and better. Did you ask if they have a pole on onboard:D.

Vicki - Ya, your going to fit in just fine!

Good morning Lynda (since your the only here this morning).

Marie - ya, I'm sure we could get at least 30 to go. You know that we have a few (alot of) party animals on the cruise.

Got to get going. Got stuff to do today. Later

Okey Dokey:D. I just thought kill 2 birds with one stone, since only 4 people showed up to the birthday party last time.

We are in!!! Love Margaritaville!! . Last time we were there we did Dunns River Falls and I did not like it. This tour sounds like a great time!

yeah!! I think this will be so much fun!

Dunns River fall was nothing to write home about in my opinion. I did it, and went all the way to the top. It wasn't what I thought it was going to be. It was something I can say I did, and don't need to do it again.

Well if they don't, we'll bring one! Kimi sells those things and they can be quite portable...LOL. Our husbands just shake their heads when we go away for the weekend and pack the pole! They don't say a word :o.

And the party boat sounds amazing...as long as you all promise to make sure that we get back on the ship, since this is what happens when I drink a few (well maybe more than a few)...

148688_1687634437249_1429321339_31741559_5197956_n.jpg

We promise!!! Thats the best part about a group. We never leave without everyone (well, except once, but it was a learning thing) and we watch each others back! But it sounds to me like you have way more pole experience than us! So don't laugh when you see us give it a try!! lol

For the Liberty...

no bracelet, no booze

peeps coming.

One thing to keep in mind is this. I read here on Crusie Critic, and Host Mach confirmed it, that carnival will not book a cocktail party for cruise critic groups anymore. To many people showed up that never paid. But I don't know if Johna booking them for us matters or not. IF they won't book for us, then Rich will need to book it as his party with all of us coming. Never mention CC.

Count us in for this one too! Just tell us when & who to pay :). And I was the one who was worried about fitting in...as long as I have dance partners, I'm good to go :).

Dance Partners?? NEVER a shortage here! Mostly girls, but thats ok too!:D

Janet,

Not sure where 55 people fit on that boat, but for 35 or 40 bucks,

I think you will get a boat load, count Us in for sure!

I just went back to Rich's List "O" Names, and counted 30 I am sure will be the first to sign up

and that is just the ones I know.

I bet the peeps Rich knows will be booking that baby too.

Really? Well maybe we could fill the boat! I am really excited about this. I think it will be so much fun! Even if they do raise the price a little bit!

We promise!!! Thats the best part about a group. We never leave without everyone (well, except once, but it was a learning thing) and we watch each others back! But it sounds to me like you have way more pole experience than us! So don't laugh when you see us give it a try!! lol

At least we left them on the ship, and not somewhere out on a island wondering how to get back to the ship

So, with that said, try to be at the meeting locations on time, and you will not be left behind.

One thing to keep in mind is this. I read here on Crusie Critic, and Host Mach confirmed it, that carnival will not book a cocktail party for cruise critic groups anymore. To many people showed up that never paid. But I don't know if Johna booking them for us matters or not. IF they won't book for us, then Rich will need to book it as his party with all of us coming. Never mention CC.

Johna said nothing to me about it, and she is setting us up...

I wonder if she knows that Carnival is being scrapy about the CC Groups.

I was told any one who didn't pay would be put on my S&S card.

Maybe that is how Carnival is getting around the Party Crashers...

Non paying drop ins

Looking forward to this cruise too, and it is so far away!

hey Rich, having any prizes for, post #...you know I love to get the 5000 Post...

unless some Cathy P gets it first :eek:

I didn't say we were good at it :). And we'll all laugh together!

Works for me!

See what happens when I am away, poles and peeps laying on the floor surrounded by Bud Light. Thank goodness it was not Coor's Light they may have run out.:eek:

Well I am pooped busy day today and ready to drink.

Chat in the am

Rich, I think we could turn the one hour Cocktail Party

into the Celebration for Birthdays, Anniversary.ect...

just the free drinks will stop flowing...

I can tell you more after we come back from the Liberty,

we are having the one hour cocktail party too.

I am requesting a Lounge, so if the need be Payton can come. (he will have virgin drinks or pop)

Have you looked into the pricing for a 2 hour party?

I know the one hour is $11.44, but we rounded it up to $12pp

Those parties are generally in the afternoon around between 2 or 3. So, I don't know if they would extent it for two hours or not.

OK, Julie (Dancing Queen), this would be your time to chime in.

No, and stop spreading rumors:p lol But heres a thourght. We could all use your sign and sail card to do one.

No, I do not think so...

but because it is not in the plan yet

we can always go with the 2 hour Party for $20pp....

That was what I was getting at

OK, Julie (Dancing Queen), this would be your time to chime in.

Julie the Dancing Queen is not going to be dancing anytime soon, she just got back her MRI

torn Meniscus :eek:

But I am sure she will be dancing by the time we get around to this cruise! ;)

Janet - I didn't know about that, I talked with Johna about the cocktail party, but then again, that was back in Jun. I will call her and check, but maybe we will just do it on our own. Marie has the right idea with the armbands. That way, it you don't pay, you don't drink!

OK ya'll, check this out. With Madelene's help and Priceline, I managed to book a 3 star hotel in Ft Lauderdale with an airport shuttle and a full breakfast in the morning for $49. Then the next morning, SAS shuttle will pick us up at 11am and take us to the port of Miami for $15pp. Now thats a pretty good deal if you ask me!

I am so bummed! My birthday cruise is 99% sure it's going to cancel. In case you are living under a rock today, the Splendor caught fire this morning. The engine room to be exact. It took 3 hours to put out, and it reflashed 45 minutes later. Jerod called me an hour or so ago and he is listening to his marine radio. He can hear them talking about the Splendor. It's on fire again!

the coast guard is on their way to the Splendor, but right now they have only one emergency generator running. Only emergency lights and the bridge are operating. No electricity, no air, no refrigerators, no cooking.

Obviously the cruise is terminated and they are trying to limp their way back to LB.

Happy freakin birthday to me. We already bought airfare, hotel, shuttles. So Judie is going to be out a lot of money if it does cancel.

Archived