*OFFICIAL CC GROUP CRUISE*"Spirit of the 'Magic'al Dream" CARNIVAL MAGIC, FEB 26,2012

satex

OK ya'll, I'm hard at work for ya. I just got off the phone with Gayla with the Hotel Galvez (which is a very nice place). The rate they are will to give us is $109.65 for a king or double. It also is on the seawall and has free parking for cruisers and a shuttle to the terminal. Here is the link for them:

http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/GLSHG/main.wnt

They usually don't have a one night stays on the weekend, but with the group they are willing to do so. This rate is $10 cheaper then the Holiday Inn and I don't thing they use the same laundry soap that the Holiday Inn does:rolleyes:.

Let me know what ya'll think.

I think it looks great:p

OK ya'll, I'm hard at work for ya. I just got off the phone with Gayla with the Hotel Galvez (which is a very nice place). The rate they are will to give us is $109.65 for a king or double. It also is on the seawall and has free parking for cruisers and a shuttle to the terminal. Here is the link for them:

http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/GLSHG/main.wnt

They usually don't have a one night stays on the weekend, but with the group they are willing to do so. This rate is $10 cheaper then the Holiday Inn and I don't thing they use the same laundry soap that the Holiday Inn does:rolleyes:.

Let me know what ya'll think.

Wow, looks great Rich!!! It has my vote for sure!! We may even stay two nights so we have time to spend on the island.

Sounds like everyone like the Hotel Galvez. It really is a very nice place and is very historical. It was built in 1923.

OK Janet - once again welcome and we really did me ya. I know where the first pic was taken, since we were there back in late Oct:p. Sorry but the Hotel Galvez is non-smoking, but then again, I think alot hotels in Galveston are non-smoking. Sorry:( But, hopefully you won't be smoking come Feb 2012:D.

Lori - I will check with Gayla to see it you can get the same rate for friday night also. I will also check to see if anyone want a post cruise hotel.

Mimi - I didn't know that you could have business pages on facebook (sorry, I don't do facebook that much). But the answer to your question is no.

Hi Vicki, Jen and Marie!

Hey Rich, you did good with the Hotel Galvez.

Count Betty & I as a yes vote on it.. We were talking earlier and would like to go down a couple days early if things work out for us.

Betty is planning on being retired before then, and I did already so we are good to go..:-)

Welcome home Janet & Judie .....we missed you.

Can`t wait to know where you went because I can`t tell from the pics.

Must be someplace that I`ve not been before.;)

Hi to Vicki, Lori, Marie, Janet, Rich & Cathyp...

Did I miss anyone?:eek::eek:

Congrats to Janet`s Nina on becoming a new R.N. That is so awesome..

Rich, maybe the term "business page" was incorrect on my part. I know that the roll call not-associated with the Looney cruise, but the same sail date has a page on Facebook. Maybe it's called an interest page?

Basically it's just a spot for people to get together and discuss the details.

Good morning SMDers.

I called Gayla this morning and told her that we would be using the Hotel Galvez as one of our hotels for the cruise. She is going to set everything up and get back with me with the number to call to book the hotel. I'll let ya'll know.

Back to work!

Good morning SMDers.

I called Gayla this morning and told her that we would be using the Hotel Galvez as one of our hotels for the cruise. She is going to set everything up and get back with me with the number to call to book the hotel. I'll let ya'll know.

Back to work!

Great!! Thanx Rich!!

Good Morning SMDers... sad news all around here and I don't have the strength to retype it.

If you want, you can go see on the Looney thread.

Mentally and emotionally drained, I am taking most of today off. Of course I said that yesterday and that didn't happen. Just one client to deal with for an hour today, easy work, I get to listen to sports talk on ESPN while doing my duties so it's fine.

After that, I really am going to try to go to bed. I need rest.

Have a good day my friends.

Sorry Mimi to hear about your loss.

Now as far as renewing your vows, Sherri said that she would do it and you have the whole group of SMDers to attend and back ya'll up. You and Andy are part of this cruise, thus making you part of this family. We will not disappoint ya'll!

Sorry Mimi to hear about your loss.

Now as far as renewing your vows, Sherri said that she would do it and you have the whole group of SMDers to attend and back ya'll up. You and Andy are part of this cruise, thus making you part of this family. We will not disappoint ya'll!

Hey Rich, that's a great idea! Thank you so much to you and Sherri for the offer and to all SMDers who want to be in attendance! Andy's Mom is originally from Galveston so maybe we could arrange some sort of party! Woohoo!

I'm feeling MUCH better as my friend and I spent the whole day making plans for the wedding here. We are splurging on the dinner at a 5 star steakhouse. I figure since we're laying low on other things, this can be our big splurge for ourselves and our two wedding guests.

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin/property/dining/attraction_detail.html?propertyID=1724&attractionId=216703

Andy also got some very good news at work, but I'm not allowed to share yet. Reading between the lines, it's the end of the year, and well, you know :)

Have a great night all! :)

ps Cathy, glad to hear about Twinkie! That's great news!

Mimi as I posted on facebook I am so sorry about your lose and am praying for you and everyone that is suffering due to this.

Cathyp, so glad that Twinkie did well, and hope he mends fast.;)

Rich thank you for taking care of the hotel deal, Betty and I will be booking as soon as you give the go ahead...:p

News on the hand that will not get well. I went to the Dr. today to see what the heck is going on.

Was told that there are two strikes against me, # 1 thyroid, and # 2 my age....:eek::D:D

Everything looks good and I have to be more patient so he said. Patience is not my strong point.. lol

It has after all been 3 months since surgery.

Anyway he did put a removable cast on my hand and I will be wearing that for 6 weeks.

Hopefully that is going to help..I think it does feel some better. I have been wearing it for about 8 hours.

Have a great evening all!!

Hi Bobbie, Betty, Rich, Poofy, Cathy, Lori and who ever else was here today.

Bobbie, sorry your wrist is being such a "PAIN"

You know when I didn't know what was wrong with me 15 years ago,

I thought I had carpel tunnel in both wrists...

Turns out it was my thyroid.

Once that was under control, that pain (for the most part) went away.

Now, If I could have just stayed skinny, and have nice hair...

Hi Bobbie, Betty, Rich, Poofy, Cathy, Lori and who ever else was here today.

Bobbie, sorry your wrist is being such a "PAIN"

You know when I didn't know what was wrong with me 15 years ago,

I thought I had carpel tunnel in both wrists...

Turns out it was my thyroid.

Once that was under control, that pain (for the most part) went away.

Now, If I could have just stayed skinny, and have nice hair...

Marie I understand about skinny and nice hair.:D:D

Good evening ya'll.

Got an email back from the manager at the Hotel Galvez and bottom line is that if I contract for 30 rooms, then I am obligated for the 30 rooms. I'm not sure I like that idea, but I asked if I contracted for 20 rooms and needed more, then what would happen? I will let ya'll know what they say.

But in the mean time I am starting a list for the hotel.

Cathy - good news about Twinkie

Hi Marie

Bobbie - hope your feeling better.

Mimi - just remember, we are here for ya

Hotel List:

Rich & West, 2 double beds

please add your names and the type of bed needed. Thanks ya'll

Good evening ya'll.

Got an email back from the manager at the Hotel Galvez and bottom line is that if I contract for 30 rooms, then I am obligated for the 30 rooms. I'm not sure I like that idea, but I asked if I contracted for 20 rooms and needed more, then what would happen? I will let ya'll know what they say.

But in the mean time I am starting a list for the hotel.

Cathy - good news about Twinkie

Hi Marie

Bobbie - hope your feeling better.

Mimi - just remember, we are here for ya

Hotel List:

Lori & Don 1 queen/king

please add your names and the type of bed needed. Thanks ya'll

Us too!

Good morning, SMDers!

How is everyone doing today. OK here my Twinkie is a trooper, not a whimper even with about 10 stiches down on the side of his pee pee.:eek:

I am going to the grocery store today while Kenny stays home with our guys. I think it will be a nice break for both of us, just kidding.:D

Hotel List:

Lori & Don 1 queen/king

Cathy p and Kenny 1 queen/king

I need to really start saving for this trip once we get home from the Looney one.

Bobbie, sorry to hear about the wrist. Maybe this will do the trick for you.

Mimi, happy to hear about the surprise Andy is getting. Now have you sent out my supplies yet?

Over to the Looneys!

Archived