*OFFICIAL CC GROUP CRUISE*"Spirit of the 'Magic'al Dream" CARNIVAL MAGIC, FEB 26,2012

satex

Good evening ya'll.

Got an email back from the manager at the Hotel Galvez and bottom line is that if I contract for 30 rooms, then I am obligated for the 30 rooms. I'm not sure I like that idea, but I asked if I contracted for 20 rooms and needed more, then what would happen? I will let ya'll know what they say.

But in the mean time I am starting a list for the hotel.

Cathy - good news about Twinkie

Hi Marie

Bobbie - hope your feeling better.

Mimi - just remember, we are here for ya

Hotel List:

Rich & West, 2 double beds

Betty & Bobbie, 2 double beds

please add your names and the type of bed needed. Thanks ya'll

Betty and I are in too, & added.;)

Good morning SMDers. Its really a cool one here this morning (34). Time to get the long sleeves out.

OK, just to keep everyone up to speed on the hotel. I got an email back this morning from them. It seems that if I contract for 20 rooms, then I will be obligated for the all the rooms (they will give a leway of 2 rooms). Now the smallest number of rooms that I can reserve as a group is 10, which I know that we will be using. Now here is the problem . If I book 10 rooms, they will give us more rooms IF they are available otherwise they will have to pay a higher rate. I want to try and make sure that we don't run into a problem if they were to run out of rooms at the group rate. But then again, on the other hand, I don't want to have to pay for rooms out of my pocket if they are not used. I am going to be sending out emails to those that don't post and inform them that I will need them to let me know for sure if they want to use this hotel and I will have to go from there. So, bottom line is if you want to ensure that you get to stay at the host hotel, I will need to have your name on the hotel list. Sorry for the confusion guys, but I really do want to make sure we get everyone at the same hotel if possible. Thanks for understand ya'll.

Hotel Galvez List:

Rich & West, 2 double beds

Vicki and Kimi, 2 double beds

Lori & Don 1 queen/king

Bobbie and Betty, 2 double beds

Cathy p and Kenny 1 queen/king

Cathy - good news for Twinkie.

OK, got to get ready for lunch. There is a group that is taking West to lunch this afternoon for his B-day since we will be on a cruise ship that day and then off to work. Talk to ya later.

Hotel Galvez

1 Rich & West, 2 double beds

2 Vicki and Kimi, 2 double beds

3 Lori & Don, 1 queen/king

4 Cathy p and Kenny, 1 queen/king

5 Betty & Bobbie, 2 double beds

6 Chelle, Pat, Marie & Dawn, 2 double beds

7 Jennifer & Alan, 1 queen/king

Count us in!

Hi, I am pooped. Went and got the 3 weeks of grocery shopping done and have put dinner in the oven. Homemade ham and mac and cheese made with a cup of Coor's Light.:) I tasted it before it went in the oven and pretty good to me.

Rich, you need to contact more of the Spirit and Dreamer cruises and see if we can get some more. That would be really cool and hopefully give us the 20 rooms without you being charged anything extra except for me for my idea.lol

Hotel Galvez

8 Nancy & Asa, 2 double beds

9 Dave and Andrea, 1 queen/king

Hi, I am pooped. Went and got the 3 weeks of grocery shopping done and have put dinner in the oven. Homemade ham and mac and cheese made with a cup of Coor's Light.:) I tasted it before it went in the oven and pretty good to me.

Rich, you need to contact more of the Spirit and Dreamer cruises and see if we can get some more. That would be really cool and hopefully give us the 20 rooms without you being charged anything extra except for me for my idea.lol

Cathy - I have contacted just about everyone that I know of and have put the word out. I just think that since is still so far away that other just are not sure. I do know that we have 26 cabins booked on the ship so far. That is why I sent out the emails.

Good evening ya'll. I sent Rhonda with the Hotel Galvez an email with the following questions since there was some confusion talking with Gayla.

1. Is there a complimentary shuttle to the cruise terminal the next morning?

2. I have a few in the group that might come into Galveston early. If so, is the group rate available for a day or two prior to the cruise?

3. Is there parking there at the hotel for those that choose to drive while we are on the cruise.

This is the answer I received back:

Yes, we do have a shuttle service complimentary to the terminal. The rate would be available for early arrivals. The parking is complimentary while one the cruise, we do have a one time charge of $15.00 over night valet for the night the group stays at the hotel. This allows for the cars to be logged thru valet and the hotel is aware the car is on the lot while on the cruise.

If anyone have any other concerns, please let me know. Thanks

Hotel Galvez

9 Dave and Andrea, 1 queen/king

10 Jerod and Emilee, 1 queen/king

Good evening ya'll. I sent Rhonda with the Hotel Galvez an email with the following questions since there was some confusion talking with Gayla.

1. Is there a complimentary shuttle to the cruise terminal the next morning?

2. I have a few in the group that might come into Galveston early. If so, is the group rate available for a day or two prior to the cruise?

3. Is there parking there at the hotel for those that choose to drive while we are on the cruise.

This is the answer I received back:

Yes, we do have a shuttle service complimentary to the terminal. The rate would be available for early arrivals. The parking is complimentary while one the cruise, we do have a one time charge of $15.00 over night valet for the night the group stays at the hotel. This allows for the cars to be logged thru valet and the hotel is aware the car is on the lot while on the cruise.

If anyone have any other concerns, please let me know. Thanks

Thanks Rich, that answers my questions! Looks like the next thing in a few months is getting air fare locked in! Have fun on your upcoming cruise.:D

Have a great Friday everyone..:-)

Hi SMDers!

Recovering here from the flu. So exhausted. For 12 hours straight I was in the bathroom every 15 to 30 minutes doing you know what. Then it died down to once every couple of hours. By 8pm last night I was done with that, but my body wouldn't allow me to sleep for more than 30 minutes at a time.

FINALLY at 3am I fell asleep for good until 7:15 this morning. Gotta be out the door in an hour to take Andy to work, and then I'm headed to a 6 hour client job. Then to bed I go, and I'll be in hibernation until Monday.

The hotel sounds good. Put us down for 1 king/queen.

Thank you!

I'll catch up with the conversation at some point.

Have a great day friends.

Good morning, SMDers!

Mimi, so sorry for the flu. Stay warm and plenty of chicken soup. I hope you feel better really soon.

Man oh man what a time sleeping I had last night. Kenny right against me and Reece up against me like a spoon. Finally at 2 I had to get up and get in my chair. Then Reece came out and jumped in my lap. Yep he is my dog.lol

Going out today and maybe pick up a couple of presents. I am really waiting for the after Christmas sale as DS,DG and furture GDI and DG will be here on the 30th for Christmas. I did have a $10 coupon for ITunes so got both of the kids one of those.

My DS got me a Cheescake Factory Chocolate Godiva Cheesecake for my birthday. It was delivered frozen yesterday and I made Kenny use his muscles to cut me a piece so it would thaw out. OMG it was to die for.

Well off to Looney land!

Good morning SMDers. Nice day out today.

Got one more day of work and then I'm off until the 20th. Tomorrow I have to do laundry and pack, then Sunday off to Ft Lauderdale:D.

OK, adding Mimi and Andy to the hotel list!

Hotel Galvez

2 Vicki & Kimi, 2 double beds

4 Cathy p & Kenny, 1 queen/king

9 Dave & Andrea, 1 queen/king

10 Jerod & Emilee, 1 queen/king

11 Mimi & Andy, 1 queen/king

Got to run. Later

Vicki, 2 out of three sound good to me. Not sure about the dancing. My foot may not handle that one.

Okay, I was just reading this to Kimi and she said "There's always lap dancing! No feet required." She just wants the first one free LOL.

Okay, I was just reading this to Kimi and she said "There's always lap dancing! No feet required." She just wants the first one free LOL.

It's been a long time since I had a lap dance and remember it so well.:D We had a strip joint in Georgia that was really cool guys on one side and girls on the other, whew it is making me sweat just remembering.

It's been a long time since I had a lap dance and remember it so well.:D We had a strip joint in Georgia that was really cool guys on one side and girls on the other, whew it is making me sweat just remembering.

We like our occasional outings to the strip clubs. Doesn't happen often but we sure have fun. So, anyone having second thoughts yet about us joining your group? :p

I am bored! Here at work and I stilll have another 3 hours before I start my vacation.

Just sitting here talking with Peggy telling her about the chocolate pudding/jello shots:eek: (I think we may have another room booked).

Rich, hope you guys have fun on your cruise.

Would be nice if you could think of those of us who are stuck on dry land and freezing while you cruise just once in awhile.;)

Don`t worry about us tho we will be fine.:p

I`m leaving Thursday to fly to N.C. for a few days visit with our neice & her family but it`s cold there too.:eek:

Then on the 30th. we head to Jacksonville to the Gator Bowl to see our MSU Dawgs play Lori`s MSU Wolverines on New Year`s Day!!!!

YAY, one MSU team is going to win(sorry Lori) hope it`s mine.. But win, lose or draw I am so there.:)

Hoping for a little warmth but that wind can blow off the water of the St. John`s River and be mighty cold.

Waving to everyone, I`ve used my hand to much already tonight typing so I`d better bugger off for now.

Have a great week-end all you SMDers.

Archived